Used to read Securom New - cant now?

vbimport

I have a Benq (formerley Acer) 32x10x40.

I am trying to read the disc image for Warcraft 3, which has New Securom protection, but i am having trouble. It stops at about 2% or 4% or 5% and stuff. It justs doesnt go any further.

I have copied Alien VS Predator 2 about 4 months ago, and that also has the same protection. However, I tried to copy AVP2 again just then, and the same problem arose as with Warcraft 3.

Other things copy fine.

My only guess is that i have somehow 'broken' the burner's ability to read subchannel data?

Any help on this would be very much appreciated as there are a plethora of games i cannot copy now :cry:

Thanks

what version of clone are you using? and im amazed that you already have warcraft 3, i thought it came out today (its only 5:30 am here) :smiley:

what software do you use???

Yes what software…and do you have the newest program version?

I have a Benq (formerley Acer) 32x10x40.

I am trying to read the disc image for Warcraft 3, which has New Securom protection, but i am having trouble. It stops at about 2% or 4% or 5% and stuff. It justs doesnt go any further.

I have copied Alien VS Predator 2 about 4 months ago, and that also has the same protection. However, I tried to copy AVP2 again just then, and the same problem arose as with Warcraft 3.

Other things copy fine.

My only guess is that i have somehow ‘broken’ the burner’s ability to read subchannel data?

I maybe wrong,but Acers can’t read subchannel data.

I’ve got the 2010a and it can’t read subchannel.I know the 1610a and the 2410a wont either.

I managed to copy AVP2 the first time though?

Anyway, i’m using CLone 3.3.4 or something.

I’ve left the burner on overnight and it’s only up to 85%, so i’ll leave it going while i goto work.

This shoudl work

Any ideas why it takes so long now? When i first copied AVP2 it worked fine and for some other Securom games too.

Anyways, I only just got War3 ckin2001, so there you go :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why it pays to live in NZ - first to see the sun :slight_smile:

So i finished reading the image, and when i burned it, i got the message “Writing to CD failed, MEDIUM ERROR: NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION (3:0x02:0xff)” after 5%.

I was using a blank CD-RW.

The only thing i can think of, is that

1. It just generally screwed up when reading the image, hence the unnatural length of time needed to read.

2. When I read the image, I had “Hide CD-R Media” checked (in the CLone CD tray) - Do you think this caused it?

I think #2 is the more likely answer.

Please help me with this one guys!

Download and install CloneCD 4.0.1.9 and try again.

Many bugs is fixed with this release :wink: