Used Read Buffer in Nero 8 not showing

Hi,

I have just installed Nero 8 on Windows 7 since my preferred old Nero 6 doesn’t work on this OS. I have noticed that the Used Read Buffer scale is not shown in Nero 8. Can this be switched on from somewhere in the software or this feature was completely removed?

Thanks

I didn’t know Nero8 would install on Win7. Nero 9 is supposedly their “earliest working version on Win7”, and that was a bit flakey.

But I’d doubt that Win7 would disallow the Buffer Read display gauge by itself although that’s possible - the gauge might be some Windows-Call applet and if Nero8 is using a differently-spelled applet-name, then that gauge wouldn’t show. “Program incompatibility” in that case would be “names have been changed to protect New Versions from Old” - it’s a rather infamous technique for programmers to boost sales of newer products. Grrr…

If you’re only looking for Nero Burning software, the Nero Burning Express 12 is sometimes on sales for $12-15, and there’s a free Nero Burning Express 10 out on the web, too. The differences between those two are minor - the newer paid-for versions use Multi-Cores better… supposedly…

Nero 8 (8.3.20.0) installed fine and works as expected here in Win-7 Pro 64. Read buffer is also functioning. You do need to install the “BD-HD Plugin” if you wish to burn either of those. I’m not sure why the read buffer would be MIA. I have Ultrabuffer set to “automatic” here.

I have noticed that the Used Read Buffer scale is visible in Nero Burning ROM 8 but not visible in Nero Express 8. Is this a problem on my end or it is supposed to be this way?