Used over 7 progs - can't copy this dvd

HERE IS THE ANYDVD SUMMARY:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.0.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: GEN_IM_DVD1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 4 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

No matter what - I can’t seem to copy this dvd…when I try to make a image - it stops excately @ 58%…this is true regardless of what program i am using…

1. Dvdfab
  2. dvd copy tools
  3. alcohol
  4. dvdshrink
  5. 1click dvd…

is this a copyright problem???
thanks for you help guys…

when you say “it stops” what happens?

do you get error messages? if so, what is the exact error message text?

it could be a bad disc. (scratched or dirty or possibly just poorly manufactured)

what is the disc exactly? it seems strange to have a CSS protected disc that is region free.

this is a training video…and the error message I get is “read error”…and with some of the programs - at 58% - the dvd player will start making a “ticking” sound…

Try using nero under the copy DVD tab.

tried…same result…

Tru helped new member CometBaby to backup his training video by suggesting he use Slysoft’s Clone[B]CD[/B] to make a 1:1 copy on this seemingly similar thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=185913&highlight=training
Tru’s suggestion provided some measure of success for CometBaby.

Get CloneCD here:
http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

I am only experienced in Slysoft products (with one exception) but most (if not all) of the programs listed by fishairflow are meant strictly for backing up only movie type DVD structure authoring. Training DVD’s are often interactive which would probably really confuse movie backup programs which could have structural protections that movie backup program developers would not even be interested in overcoming. It would seem that a simple 1:1 transfer of disk data might just clone a training disk without regard for correcting structure “tricks” used in movie authoring for preventing computer-based backups that will be played on a standalone player.

Try it both with and without the AnyDVD decryptor driver running … (or with or without your own stand alone type decryptor running).

Above not factual … only deductive thinking.

Whisperer

PS: Fishairflow,

…the dvd player will start making a “ticking” sound…
You mean your computer DVD-ROM (or Ripper) correct? … you don’t really mean a player do you? Is there a scratch or under-the-surface flaw on the original? Tip around the viewing angle of the data side of the original under a flourescent light rather than a tungston light or daylight which will help any flaws show up better.

oh my friend…my dearest lovely friends…thanks to you all…and yes I was ablet to copy it…IT TURNES OUT - and now wait - this is funny as hell - the anydvd was disables…for some reason not taking out the protection software…
thank you for your help guys…