Used nero vision then nero express and DVDs don't work

vbimport

I burnt some DVDs with Nero Vision. Then i burnt DVD-roms (DVD-RW)for playing on standalone. Now neither the DVD player or the PC burner will recognise them. I’ve burnt DVDroms for years without a problem. Although once before i burnt DVDs and the player and PC stopped recognising them for about 3 weeks then started to recognise them again after i had changed the book settings for each DVD-RW over and over again eventually returning to automatic.

I’ve brought the bad DVD-RWs into work and the work burner HP recognises them, and could play the files, which Nero at home had supposedly erased.

I’m completely baffled. Why would burning DVDs (.VOB) then returning to burning DVD-Roms change things. The Benq is quite old but has never caused a problem before.

i have nero 8, upgraded from Nero 6 ayear ago which ran perfectly. This never happened with Nero 6.

Are you sure that you are finalizing the dvd-rw’s. And if you are finalizing them, have you tried a different brand of dvd’s. Many dvd brands have problems in numerous players.

I will check that the discs are being finalised. Thank you.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2170526]Are you sure that you are finalizing the dvd-rw’s. And if you are finalizing them, have you tried a different brand of dvd’s. Many dvd brands have problems in numerous players.[/QUOTE]
Nero will automatically finalize any RW if burn Video Files is chosen.

The problem seems to be when i switch from DVD+R to DVD-RW. I took the “coasters” into work and burnt them there with Nero. They then played on the standalone. I reused them for something else and they worked fine. Then i burnt a DVD+R rom. Then tried to burn a DVD-RW and again they aren’t recognised by the burner or the standalone player.

Any ideas.