Used IFO mode, can I still burn?

Hello hello,

I’m using DVD Decrypter. Instead of using ISO Read mode to rip and ISO Write mode to continue onto the burn stage, I used IFO mode to rip, and now I don’t know how to get the movie onto a blank DVD. :sad: I no longer have access to the original DVDs, so how do I do this using all free software?

Thanks in advance.

Don’t have access to the original DVD’s. Can we presume that the DVD’s were never yours then?

No, they’re not mine, but they’re not copywrited anyway, so what you’re suggesting doesn’t apply. They’re DVDs of my brother’s world trip. They’re back in Japan now. Can anybody help me get these onto a DVD? I’ve got VOB, IFO and Stream Information files. Thanks.

Try PgcEdit to create the ISO and burn with Imgburn.

Just to add to your options…there’s a handy little utility Folder2Iso (freeware)…has worked well for me in the past. After converting, dvdd or Img should work quite nicely.

Good luck.

You nedd to make a playable DVD first before making an ISO file as you are missing the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. IFOEdit can take VOB files and tuen them into a playable DVD. Then just burn or iso or whatever.

I actually did what maineman suggested, and the DVD plays fine- but maybe not on all players. Mine can handle folders etc- When I put in the disc, it doesn’t play the video straight away, rather, I have to select the file and press enter. But that doesn’t bother me a bit. Thanks!

Another thing- I’ve got a few of these discs backed up on my HD, but some of them are short enough to put two on one new disc. After converting with Folder2ISO, will it work if I just put those 2 files on a new disc?
Cheers!

This is dependent on your player’s settings.

Another thing- I’ve got a few of these discs backed up on my HD, but some of them are short enough to put two on one new disc. After converting with Folder2ISO, will it work if I just put those 2 files on a new disc?
No. You must merge the 2 discs to 1, and then create the iso. No program can burn 2 ISOs to 1 disc.

Check this recent thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=187375

Hmm, I didn’t try burning 2 ISOs to 1 disc… I ended up short cutting even more…and it worked!

I didn’t realise all the DVD players could be so different: Using Roxio, I just drag/dropped VOB, Stream info and IFO files of 2 movies all in the root directory of a DVD (just 6 files together). The movie plays fine on my DVD player (I just select which movie in the DVD PLAYER menu), but it doesn’t play on another DVD player and it doesn’t even play on the computer that was used to burn it.

So I’m pretty happy my player can deal with my incompetence! :clap: