Use Mount Rainier

Hello,
Does anybody know a program to use Mount Rainier (as long as windows doesn’t support it)?
A program that will integrate into the windows shell would be great.

Thanks,
Bhaaf.

There are a couple of software to use Mt. Rainier:

1. DirectCD
  2. InCD
  3. Write-CDRW (Don’t know the exact name, its something like this.)

And you’ll need a Mt. Rainier"reader." Roxio calls theirs EaslyWrite.

Originally posted by darshanjog
[B]There are a couple of software to use Mt. Rainier:

1. DirectCD
  2. InCD
  3. Write-CDRW (Don’t know the exact name, its something like this.) [/B]

Sorry for being so ham-handed, that’s EasyWrite.

Originally posted by rmunde
[B]And you’ll need a Mt. Rainier"reader." Roxio calls theirs EaslyWrite.

[/B]

WriteCD-RW is by far the most integrated and transparent. but it is a little pricey. Theres a free trial HERE

What exactly do you mean by that? In what ways is it better than DirectCD say, or InCD?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
WriteCD-RW is by far the most integrated and transparent. but it is a little pricey. Theres a free trial HERE

Here’s how it works, at least to my knowledge, correct me if im wrong of course. You use a program like InCD, DirectCD, or WriteCD-RW on the machine(s) that has writer(s) capable of mt rainer. Then on other machines that don’t got it, you use programs that allow you to read those CDs, as WinXP still doesnt support reading mt rainer and udf and need 3rd party softwares to do it.

I personally use Nero’s InCD, which is 3.37 as of now, because its free with Nero and it works perfect with my drive and with WinXP. On machines without the program, I install Nero’s EasyWriteReader.

The “reader” for Mt. Rainier is pretty much akin to the udf reader you had to install in every version of Windows up until XP which supports it natively. I guess Mt. Rainier is still too new for MS to support in the OS. So far, the latest version of DirectCD is working well for me. I’ve had bad experiences with both DirectCD and InCD in the past so we’ll see. I stopped using VOB InstantWrite, which was very reliable, when I got my Plextor PX-W4824 since it doesn’t support that drive or Mt. Rainier.

Originally posted by dfourthhorseman
[B]Here’s how it works, at least to my knowledge, correct me if im wrong of course. You use a program like InCD, DirectCD, or WriteCD-RW on the machine(s) that has writer(s) capable of mt rainer. Then on other machines that don’t got it, you use programs that allow you to read those CDs, as WinXP still doesnt support reading mt rainer and udf and need 3rd party softwares to do it.

I personally use Nero’s InCD, which is 3.37 as of now, because its free with Nero and it works perfect with my drive and with WinXP. On machines without the program, I install Nero’s EasyWriteReader. [/B]

I use mt rainer CD RW with nero when I went to read the disc on another computer which did not have MT rainer support it poped up a message saying the format was not supported and would I like to instal the software to read it. it then gave me two options 1. downloading itoff the net and 2. installing it directly from the disk I was trying to read I selcted option 2 and could then read the disc just fine.

apparently Nero installs the Mt rainer reader on any disk formated for mt rainer writing.

Roxio does the same thing with DirectCD and EasyWrite.

Originally posted by iss
apparently Nero installs the Mt rainer reader on any disk formated for mt rainer writing.

Hi…
This Write CR-RW…do you have to enable XP’s IMAPI burning service to use it…

Thanx,
John

We were discussing various packet writing software. The built-in IMAPI stuff in XP doesn’t use packet writing. Most third party cdr/rw software seems to work better with XP’s IMAPI services disabled.

Originally posted by John Garin
[B]Hi…
This Write CR-RW…do you have to enable XP’s IMAPI burning service to use it…

Thanx,
John [/B]

RM…

Thanx…I’m goin try the trial version…I’m having probs with InCD v337…I tied goin back a few versions…same thing…it did something to the reg settings…???..whatever… recognizing my CDRW disks…work for a few months…XP Pro…poosibly some conflict in SP1…
Thanx,
John

If INCD worked before SP1 then SP1 is the problem you might try unistalling INCD and reinstalling it. lots of programs and even whole systems are choking on the SP1 furball.

I have been using INCD on win XP pro and never had a problem with it. and I have NO intention of installing SP1 I DONT agree with the eula that basically says that by installing SP1 I am giving microsoft carte blanche to install digital management software on my computer as they see fit.

ISS…

InCD v337…331…329…all of them worked just fine before SP1…
I tried that WriteCDRW…worked OK…still have the prob with the Plex W4012A…but my Mitsumi 48X9TE is working just fine…I emailed plextor with this situation…they sluffed me off …sais it was an InCD prob…
I just happen to have the original CDRW disk that came with my Plex…popped it in…WORKED great…seems the Plex is real sensit regarding brands of disks…Not that way with the Mitsumi…guess you know which writer is goin get replaced…Plex "maybe " faster…but tha BS isn’t worth it…

Take Care…
John

John,

I have heard that plextors were finicky about media. I have been using lite-ons for some time now and have always had excellent results with them. in particular their 48X12x48 is outstanding mine has been chugging away copying even “uncopyable” games ( no one has told it that it cant I certainly am not going to)

with the new VSO8 firmware it even burns data disks at full speed regardless of the rated speed of the media. something that my 40X lite on wouldnt even do.

ISS…

I’ll play with this Plex for a while…if it becomes a PIA…I’ll replace it with another Mitsumi…it’s been runnin great…

Sure won’t be getting anymore Plex’s…maybe a nice unit…but too sensitive to disks…seems a high end drive should be able to handle all the common disks on the market…

My opinion anyway…
Nite…
Take Care…
John

what the heck is Mt Rainer? Is it packet writing?
I use DirectCD from EZ CD Creator platinum with the 5.3.1.154 SP4 installed.

Dan

This version of DirectCD supports the Mt. Rainier packet writing standard, but your drive has to support it as well. If you want to know what Mt. Rainier is, the inestimable Mr. Belvedere has provided the following:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50276

Originally posted by transdogmifier
[B]what the heck is Mt Rainer? Is it packet writing?
I use DirectCD from EZ CD Creator platinum with the 5.3.1.154 SP4 installed.

Dan [/B]