Usb-to-sata question

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S223F. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Please mates,
I’ve got this sb00 drive in my asrock kt400a-v8237-based mainboard.
As someone of you already know, this babe can not be flashed through my mainboard.
So morning I tried to flash it through a usb-to-sata ding I had to make my netbook recovery cds and guess what, it doesn’t work, I cannot upgrade, system freezes.
A pity because the flasher detect the s223f very well, with the right firmware, unlike the v8237-based system which detect is as 0 oem code and thus doesn’t allow the samsung to be flashed.
So the question to the experts is have I something else to try in order to flash this dvd-rw before thinking about stealing someone else newer desktop and connect this sata overthere?
It’s really hassling I cannot flash this and I just noticed that keeping it at sb00 can be dangerous :frowning:
Good evening and give me some opinion. :iagree:
:bow:

Did you try to ask a friend to install temporarily the drive in his/her computer, just for the time needed to flash it?

Alternatively you can get a PCI card and connect the drive to it if the SATA connectors of the mainboard are not usable for this :slight_smile:

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=sancho_panza;2312330]Please mates,
I’ve got this sb00 drive in my asrock kt400a-v8237-based mainboard.
As someone of you already know, this babe can not be flashed through my mainboard.[/quote]:iagree: This is a known issue of that chipset.

So the question to the experts is have I something else to try in order to flash this dvd-rw before thinking about stealing someone else newer desktop and connect this sata overthere?
Temporarily installing the drive in a more recent computer is one option - provided your friend does not have his Sata controllers configured as Raid.
The other (more recommended) option would be to install an inexpensive Sata PCI controller card (Silicon Image chipset, card should be non-Raid or flashable from Raid to non-Raid mode) and hook the drive permanently to this controller. I would prefer this solution over flashing the drive in another computer, since there are some more issues of that chipset with optical drives.

Michael