USB Port Problems

Hi all…

Bought a case with 2 front usb ports… Only one of them works…

The audio jacks work fine…The wires connected to the mobo pins and back to the front of the case look okay and undamaged…

I have plugged in another 2 USB card into the board and it works fine… In fact ALL the other usb ports / jacks are working as I have plugged in various external HDD’s and camera’s…I have also tried to plug other devices into the port with no luck…

I have plugged the usb card into 2 other boards and the same usb port does not work…

Put a stick into the port and nothing happens… no light flickering… just dead…

Question…Is there anyway that I can test the dead port to see if there is any power getting to it…???

I have taken the box back to the shop but after leaving it there for a few hours without it being looked at I took it back home… I need the PC for work… Its not a major problem but it’s annoying (pain in the …) having to use the back USB ports with an extension around to the front of the case…( I need to use the 2 ports)

Any suggestions…?

What case (link)?, how are the case USB posts connected to your mobo?, how does USB ports show up in windoze devicemanager?..

Sorry about that many ???, but you should be more specific about details. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Thanks pinto but I got hold of a mates multimeter…Power goes in one end but nothing comes out the other…

New one on order…