USB Hard Drives Crashing

vbimport

I’m having a similar problem to Jethro32 in this post. Every time I move large files or groups of files (over 50+ MB) on either of my two usb hard drives I get a blue screen and my system crashes. I run Windows Vista Ultimate and have a Wester Digital 3200AAJ and Western Digital 5000AAV. Both are FAT32 formated. When the system restarts it runs chkdsk on both hard drives and never finds anything. I’ve tried defraging in safe mode and that didn’t help. If I run in safe mode, I have no problems and can move all the files I want. It’s getting really annoying and I don’t know what to do!

Thanks in advanced!

Why use FAT32? You can’t store files on it that are bigger than 4 GB (like large DVD images). First thing I did with my external HD’s is reformat them to NTFS. I have no idea why they come preformatted with FAT32.

I didn’t convert to NTFS because I was told that macs can’t read NTFS and I occasionally use a mac with my external hard drives.

[QUOTE=ntallman;2081714]I didn’t convert to NTFS because I was told that macs can’t read NTFS and I occasionally use a mac with my external hard drives.[/QUOTE]

macs can read NTFS but they could not write NTFS although this is possible now
Have a look [B][U]HERE[/U][/B]