USB drivers

Hi.
just bought a new MidTower with 2 front USB ports. The problem is that my WinXP isn’t detecting (and installing) these 2 new ports correctly.
I’ve checked all the connections to my Soltek SL-NV400-64 board, and they’re ok.
Can anyone help me here?
Many thanks.

How many USB ports, front and back, do you have on your system?? If, say, you have 4 on back, and 2 on front…you will need to check in the BIOS and make sure that they are ALL enabled. For instance, in my BIOS (MSI KT4 Ultra), there is an option to enable 2, 4, or 6 ports. Check around the BIOS and see what you come up with and post back…

Hope this helps.

Hi. Thanks.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but if the additional usb ports were disconnected in the BIOS, then Win XP shouldn’t even detect a new hardware, right?
In my case it detects a new USB controler but can’t install/find the drivers for it.
Thanks.

Oh…ok…I misunderstood…

So let me get this straight…

1. Are all the USB ports ENABLED in the BIOS?
  2. If they are ENABLED, Windows is detecting them, but is unable to install drivers for them?
  3. What Windows version are you using, 98, ME, XP?
  4. The USB ports that you are referring to may be USB2 ports and may need the drivers from the mainboard manufacturer.

Hope this helps!

Is SP1 installed?