Usb 3.0

vbimport

Anyone else excited and waiting for the first USB 3.0 enclosures? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=negritude;2484078]Anyone else excited and waiting for the first USB 3.0 enclosures? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Not very excited, but it would be nice to see speeds up to 80+ mb/sec :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=negritude;2484078]Anyone else excited and waiting for the first USB 3.0 enclosures? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
YESSS !! :bigsmile:
Just about pushed the SATA/ESATA expansion route as far as I’d like(and prolly farther than I should have :)). Can’t wait for a new bus with hot-swap and full-speed burning capability to add another dozen drives to the stable :eek::bigsmile:.

Absolutely!

Yes Ordered already: Brando recently released the UNITEK Y-1034 USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter

I’m really hoping that USB 3.0 gives us the performance boost that everyone can afford, because even though we already have Firewire 800, it was always too expensive and didn’t come standard on most machines. USB 3.0 will be for the masses.

all the usb 3 enclosures utilize the sata 2 3gbps interface. so for now i am settled with esata. what is the point of usb 3 enclosure if it utilizes the old sata spec. still usb 3 will be limited to 3gbps instead of 5. and there is also the motherboard limitations which use usb 3 while subsiding the pci express interface. i think i will pass and wait for light peak.