USB 3.0 promises 10x speed increase

Still a couple years away, but nice to know some more solid details regarding the new USB 3.0 technology.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15215-USB-3_0-promises-10x-speed-increase.html

The ability to transfer 1GB of information in less than five seconds seems super appealing, and I can’t wait until we all can do it! :bow:

I can’t wait for the opportunity to wait for an additional 10 years after USB3 is released for the availability of fast storage devices that can keep up with the transfer interface :iagree:

But then again, it didn’t take long for SATA1 to be obsoleted …

Yay! I’m so excited :iagree:

Well, it seems that manufacturers are working a lot more closely with USB 3.0 backers, to try and make sure we don’t have to wait until 2013 to have USB 3.0-supported devices everywhere. :wink:

I’m not entirely convinced that there will be a lot of USB 3.0 devices in 2010 and 2011, but we’ll see…

[QUOTE=Randomus;2159154]Well, it seems that manufacturers are working a lot more closely with USB 3.0 backers, to try and make sure we don’t have to wait until 2013 to have USB 3.0-supported devices everywhere. :wink:

I’m not entirely convinced that there will be a lot of USB 3.0 devices in 2010 and 2011, but we’ll see…[/QUOTE]

I would be nice if the technologies would match up at the same time saving users headache what to buy and purchase. Most end users will never really use the technology to the fullest anyway.

I don’t believe in that promises…

Anyone aware of any firewire releases around the same time?