(USA) SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black IDE Model TS-H662SA - OEM for $13.50 shipped with promo code: EMCZYNW77

vbimport

Ends today!

Don’t know anything about this drive but I assume it should function at least decently well. Cheapest DVD burner I have ever seen.

use promo code EMCZYNW77 at checkout to get an additional $1.50 off

I searched all over and cant find any info on this model, I searched samsung, and the samsung forum on myce, plus just googled it and the only info is that Newegg has a cheap price on it

It doesnt seem to show any specs for dvd+r dl

Does anyone know any thing or have any experience with it?

JT

This is most likely an OEM version of the SH-S222A.
I have to admit that neweggs “TS-H662SA” is confusing me since this would not comply with TSST’s usual drive naming convention.

Apart from the Pata interface, these drives have the same features (wanted and unwanted) as all the other 22x Samsung drives.

Michael

Something doesn’t seem right. The drive is too cheap and the listing doesn’t indicate whether it burns dual-layer media.

[QUOTE=negritude;2554586]Something doesn’t seem right. The drive is too cheap[/quote]OEM stuff with Pata interface. Maybe the Egg simply bought some redundant stock from some computer manufacturer.

and the listing doesn’t indicate whether it burns dual-layer media.
I wouldn’t give much on the “specs” published by vendors. Nowadays all DVD writers are DL capable. If that drive were really that crippled (which I doubt), then there is the crossflash way :wink:

Michael