USA/Newegg BenQ DW1620 $45 NR FS (Month End Special)

vbimport

Month End Special
BenQ Beige 16X DVD+R 4X DVD+RW 2.4X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 4X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 24X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner - Retail
(limit 5 per customer)

* Model #: DW1620
* Item #: N82E16827101635

**This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only. what's this?
* In Stock
* Free FedEx Saver Shipping
* (Not available in HI, AK, and PR)

Yo-

That is a kicka$$ price - and includes shipping!!

Thanks-

Mike

I’m really tempted to a buy another of these even though I have a sealed retail on standby if my 1st one ever goes out. Will the 1640 ever be released in the US? If it’s unlikely, then I might convince myself I “need” another one. :wink:

You don’t want to make sure your sealed one is OK? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a pack rat by nature. When I find a good thing I tend to “stock up”. If something “better” (like the 1640) comes around, I can unload yesterday’s news on a friend or family member who isn’t so anal about getting the perfect burn. Now if the 1640 is supposed to be released in the US soon, I’ll pass on this good deal. The 1640 seems appealing to me cause of the apparent attempt to increase the cooling of the drive ( or is this just marketing?). Anyone know if the 1640 is coming to our shores soon???

Just placed my order with the egg, you guys better be right about this being a kick ass burner. I will be adding it to my Plex 716A so I hope they play well together. LOL

Thanks for the tip Goudo, it really is a very nice price $44.99 delivered to your door. You all have a good weekend and happy burning.

I’ve read that this drive performs best with + media, but I got about 1000 maxell 8x -R (MIJ) left. Should I go ahead and buy the drive?

I tried MIJ Maxell -R and ended up returning the unopened spindles. Quality scans were about 95’s, but the PIF graphs looked crappy. Maybe I got a bad spindle, but TY -R have been way better. As far as this drive being better with + than -, I would have to disagree. I’ve had good success with both - just use da good stuff.

Yes. MXL RG03 scans won’t be as pristine as TYG02, but they are excellent discs and 1620 burns them very well at 8x and 12x:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=973613&postcount=45
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=973619&postcount=46

woot, finally picked up a retail 1620 for my second box… Something tells me this might replace my primary burner :slight_smile: