US politicians identify 5 pirate nations

vbimport

I just posted the article US politicians identify 5 pirate nations.

Five nations have been singled out by U.S. lawmakers who say the specified countries have showed little effort to stifle widespread piracy.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/us-politicians-identify-5-pirate-nations-29922/](http://www.myce.com/news/us-politicians-identify-5-pirate-nations-29922/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Hey, I’m from Canada. I’m a pirate. Woo hoo. Argh, mateys.

“Perhaps it would have been good to have members of the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) present to discuss the matter from a different view point.”

But then that might mean someone having an opposite opinion. Are you feeling okay?

How will this solve our National debt? Maybe they should focus on that instead.

Some people have to much free time.

You can’t blame those US politicians for wasting the taxpayer’s money on those kind of meetings…they are all owned by the industry from the day they start their election campaigns,looking for sponsors.
In my country we say:‘you don’t bite the hand which feeds you’,so they can’t do otherwise,they have to pay their debts.
Piracy is bad,but the “profit loss” can’t be measured the way they do,do they really think that people would buy all the stuff they download now if it wasn’t available for free?

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2519337]How will this solve our National debt? Maybe they should focus on that instead.[/QUOTE]
Agreed

Hatch is just a mouth piece for the music and movie lobby, in Canada we treat fair use as fair use and we are not the tail wagged by RIAA get over it hatch we do not except your definition of a pirate oh and try sanctions and we won’t sell you gas or electricity !!

umm google and yahoo link to pirated material. Why aren’t they complaining about them? :slight_smile: (could it be their big wallets capable of defending themselves? :slight_smile: ).

I heard a rumor today… maybe it wasn’t a rumor, that they were going to attach the Canadian copyright bill onto the bill to create a single regulatorly agency for the stock industry. That’s pretty low if you ask me.

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2519337]How will this solve our National debt? Maybe they should focus on that instead.[/QUOTE]

Here is how asinine the Democrats that control Congress have become. They were supposed to have a budget proposed for next year presented by April 15th. Well, here it is May 20th and they haven’t even started the budget process. In fact, the Democrats have said they don’t even plan to pass a budget for next year! They don’t want to pass one because they know it will be trillions of dollars into the red. The irresponsibility of this action is almost beyond comprehension to me. I also think the budget process will shown just how much red ink the health care bill is going to create which is another reason the Democrats are shirking their responsibilities to provide the public with a working budget.

We have idiots running this country and it amazes me that we have survived their idiocy as well as we have. We are living the real life version of the movie “Dumb and Dumber”. Bush and the Republicans were the “Dumb” and Obama, Reid and Pelosi are the “Dumber”.

[QUOTE=UTR;2519445]Here is how asinine the Democrats that control Congress have become. They were supposed to have a budget proposed for next year presented by April 15th. Well, here it is May 20th and they haven’t even started the budget process. In fact, the Democrats have said they don’t even plan to pass a budget for next year! They don’t want to pass one because they know it will be trillions of dollars into the red. The irresponsibility of this action is almost beyond comprehension to me. I also think the budget process will shown just how much red ink the health care bill is going to create which is another reason the Democrats are shirking their responsibilities to provide the public with a working budget.

We have idiots running this country and it amazes me that we have survived their idiocy as well as we have. We are living the real life version of the movie “Dumb and Dumber”. Bush and the Republicans were the “Dumb” and Obama, Reid and Pelosi are the “Dumber”.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you haven’t read or seen the Re-pubs said they were going to block, filibuster anything Obama tries to do or did the time line leave ya behind?? Maybe those that got use into the mess the past 10 years fess up and admit they royally screwed the taxpayers and now Obama has to clean up the mess that you elected into office during the last 10 years??? You rant one year and yet I don’t hear a peep from you for what your party did from what your rhetoric sounds like did nothing but “RUBBER STAMP”…that what they are known for the last 10 years …

[QUOTE=UTR;2519445]We are living the real life version of the movie “Dumb and Dumber”.[/QUOTE]
I have to disagree here. We’re starting to live the movie “Idiocracy”.

I doubt if there will ever be a sanction against China. China owns a lot of the US debts.

Maybe we should try to keep this thread ON TOPIC.

I´d like to mention that there are some nations that are at the other end of the scale…interesting to speculate why

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2519465]Maybe you haven’t read or seen the Re-pubs said they were going to block, filibuster anything Obama tries to do or did the time line leave ya behind?? Maybe those that got use into the mess the past 10 years fess up and admit they royally screwed the taxpayers and now Obama has to clean up the mess that you elected into office during the last 10 years??? You rant one year and yet I don’t hear a peep from you for what your party did from what your rhetoric sounds like did nothing but “RUBBER STAMP”…that what they are known for the last 10 years …[/QUOTE]

Like I said, we are living out the movie “Dumb and Dumber”. Someone needs to put a lid on Obama because he is spending the USA into national bankruptcy. We will be Greece in a decade if Obama gets his way. You want to complain about Bush and the Republicans, then you also need to complain with even more intensity about Obama and the Democrats. At best Obama is extending Bush policies regarding the Afghan and Iraq wars and at worst he is making Bush look like a spend thrift regarding fiscal policy.

Just as the liberals didn’t shut up when Bush was president, don’t expect the conservatives to shut up during Obama’s presidency. If anything you would think the Democrats would have learned something from watching Bush for eight years. Evidently, they didn’t because they are even worse than he was regarding many aspects of running the country.

If you want to see where the Democrats are leading us, all you have to do is look at the fiscal mess that California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois etc. are dealing with. Those states are catapulting toward bankruptcy and insolvency. Europe is now finding out that entitlement heavy societies can not survive financially. The USA is no different and Obama has us riding a fiscal rocket sled to national bankruptcy.

Whether you are a liberal, conservative or a moderate it should be clear that the fiscal path we are on cannot be maintained. The only reason any person would support what Obama and the Democrats are currently doing is out of blind party loyalty because there is no other valid reason, IMO. I have my own theories as to why Obama and the Democrats are being so fiscally reckless but that can wait for another thread.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2519499]I have to disagree here. We’re starting to live the movie “Idiocracy”.[/QUOTE]

Good analogy.

Don’t get the tubes mixed up …

And the countries with the lowest piracy rates also have the highest software prices?
Seems like the software companies are taking advantage of the lack of “free” competition.

[QUOTE=debro;2519533]And the countries with the lowest piracy rates also have the highest software prices? Seems like the software companies are taking advantage of the lack of “free” competition.[/QUOTE]

You know the old saying… “No good deed goes unpunished.”

Jist wit intil thi nyi zillinders instill thir own nitionil broadbind nitwirk. Siftwire prices will plimmit.

The NZ nitionil broadbind nitwork, ixpictid ti bi cimplitid by 2020, will privide, 95% if thi pipulition with spids bitwin 16-56Kbps, 4.5% will ricive 1.4-16Kbps, ind thi rimindir, 0.5%, will ricive a niw blinkit for thir smoke signils.

Cipies of Micrisift Office 97 is expicted ti drip 30% bilow thi cirrint price of $300NZ ($3US), Micrisift Windiws 98 will drip bilow $200NZ ($2US), ind gimes for the Super Nintindo and Siga Migadrive are ixpicted to drop bilow $100NZ ($1US).

So sue me … I’m an aussie :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand that in China which has the highest piracy rate (was it 75%), that copies of Microsoft windows are being sold for about $1.50-3, similarly for other M$ products. And obviously, china has been flourishing over the last few years … not so much now that the rest of the world has the GFC, and GFC mk II …

Obviously, for a nation to flourish, that countries businesses need to do well. The businesses need access to cheaper materials to remain competitive in the globalised marketplace. So pirates are actually doing their civic duty and stimulating their national economy, by providing competitive pricing for their businesses software.

Hurray for pirates! Pirates are national heroes! Purple hearts to all pirates :iagree:
Ninja’s can throw out as many nunchucks as they want … but the pirates have superior numbers and will win in the end :iagree:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2519499]I have to disagree here. We’re starting to live the movie “Idiocracy”.[/QUOTE]
:eek:Starting?
I’ve been there for years :rolleyes::iagree::sad:

I have to point out, every time I buy something at a major supermarket, the bills are wrong (prices are wrong, idiot scanned the same item too many times, and etc) and I have to get a refund.
Go to the smaller shops, buy two $1 items … hand over a $5 note … and they give you back 2 $1coins …

Oh FFS!!!

Take something in to be repaired … and they tell you there’s nothing wrong with it? Take something in to be repaired, with video evidence … and they tell you there’s nothing wrong with it … seriously? WTF?

Off topic - I hate Sony.

[QUOTE=debro;2519715]Off topic - I hate Sony.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: