US music bounces back from slump things are looking up

I just posted the article US music bounces back from slump things are looking up.

Quakester2000 used our news submit to tell us
that the music business is coming out of the hole. At least in the United
states, as music sales jumepd 9% in the first quarter of 2004. The…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8118-US-music-bounces-back-from-slump-things-are-looking-up.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8118-US-music-bounces-back-from-slump-things-are-looking-up.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I can’t help but notice every President of the RIAA is Jewish. Must be a pre-requisite or something :stuck_out_tongue:

So if the RIAA busts 2000 people this year and settles at $ 10000 each that will give them 20 million. Seems to me they are better at sueing people than they are at making records - hee hee! Maybe they could afford to get totally out of music and sell to someone who would actually run it like a real business.
[edited by rla on 11.04.2004 12:13]

Pardon me, I left my message in the wrong place. Now attached to Warped’s message.
[edited by LesterVegh on 11.04.2004 14:09]

And I can’t believe the anti-semitic message left by Warped.

It’s not anti semitic. I was just making an observation.

“At least in the United states, as music sales jumepd 9% in the first quarter of 2004” And the RIAA will say that for the same time frame, there was a loss of 18% in sales for the beginning of 2004. Since this isnt the RIAA saying there is an increase, just “Billboard”. So wait to see what the RIAA says, and a BIG IF they do say the same thing, there answer will be: “See sueing helps scare them inot buying CD’s” such a putz.

bulls@%t! the only reason that music sales are on the up is because of some decent CDs finally starting to come out (egs: white stripes, queens of the stone age, incubus, jane’s addiction, outkast…) these are the kinds of albums that are actually purchased by the discerning appreciative listeners. do britney spears / justin timberlake / mtv flavor of the week fans actually know or care too much about music? it seems that these and countless pre-fab, generic, market-tested bands (?) are the ones being downloaded the most… isn’t that ironic considering that they’re manufactured by the same companies that whine about losing sales?

Discerning listeners purchase OutKast? :stuck_out_tongue: