US may use hacking law to prosecute Wikileaks operator

US may use hacking law to prosecute Wikileaks operator.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/12/KmaPcp.jpg[/newsimage]Now that the US government has WikiLeaks whistle-blower Julian Assange under their legal thumb, they’re trying to figure out what to do with him next... one option is the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA), known better as the “anti-hacking law”. 

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/us-may-use-hacking-law-to-prosecute-wikileaks-operator-37808/](http://www.myce.com/news/us-may-use-hacking-law-to-prosecute-wikileaks-operator-37808/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well he’s not a US citizen so they’ll have to come up with something other then treason to get him. They are pulling out all the usual stops now to demonize him and make everyone hate and want him in prison somewhere now as it is.
They don’t like that all their dirty little secrets got leaked and now they are running damage control and destroy.

He is lucky the he ratted out the USA. If he did this to the Russians, he would be dead by now. I haven’t seen anything in these documents that wasn’t already assumed or is nothing more than gossip topics. He has made a lot of enemies beyond the US Government and if I were him I would keep a low profile for quite a while. It isn’t that hard to assassinate a person. Especially for anyone who has received quality, covert training.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2563718] They are pulling out all the usual stops now to demonize him and make everyone hate and want him in prison somewhere now as it is.[/QUOTE]
The problem with this whole situation is that the publicity is hurting the USA’s image & reputation, more than its hurting wikileaks & Julian Assange. The US is setting up Julian Assange as a martyr. And itself as some sort of global dominating force that’s planning to enforce a 1984 style regime on the rest if the world.

Practically the whole world, outside of the USA, is supporting Julian Assange at this point - if solely because they don’t appreciate the underhanded stunts that the USA is pulling to get him extradited to Sweden, and then to the USA.

I also suspect the general population in Sweden will be in uproar about the US’s manipulation of their legal system for US interests. The whole extradition agreement could very well be in jeopardy.

Understanding that politicians are voted in by a popularity contest, if their words & actions aren’t popular with the people, they won’t get voted in again.

Keep pulling stunts like this, and the USA will find itself very much alone, politically … not a situation that it wants to find itself in, given that much of the financial power is shifting to unfriendly interests.

It’s now to late to assassinate Assange, everyone will point fingers at the USA.

If Assange is prosecuted in the USA and sent to prison he will be screwed and the world won’t miss a beat. Most people, except for a few far lefties, won’t give a rat’s a$$ about him. I won’t and I don’t have an issue with him over what he has done. He knew the potential downside to his actions. He has made far too many powerful enemies and my guess is this will cost him dearly in the end.

Also, the USA will be just fine after we remove the far left wackos from controlling our government. We are seeing the return to sanity even before the new Congress assumes power. After the 2012 elections things will be even better.

[QUOTE=UTR;2564086]If Assange is prosecuted in the USA and sent to prison he will be screwed and the world won’t miss a beat. Most people, except for a few far lefties, won’t give a rat’s a$$ about him. I won’t and I don’t have an issue with him over what he has done. He knew the potential downside to his actions. He has made far too many powerful enemies and my guess is this will cost him dearly in the end.

Also, the USA will be just fine after we remove the far left wackos from controlling our government. We are seeing the return to sanity even before the new Congress assumes power. After the 2012 elections things will be even better.[/QUOTE]
It might be interesting to note that the far-right of most countries, is far left of the US’s far left whacko’s.

[QUOTE=debro;2564106]It might be interesting to note that the far-right of most countries, is far left of the US’s far left whacko’s.[/QUOTE]

If the USA wants Assange in prison then that is where he will end up. Why do you think he is under house arrest for not using a condom? The justice department is getting ready to charge him with espionage and they want him in a place they can take him into custody without much hassle. If he colluded with the yahoo that stole the information then he will be convicted and the overwhelming majority of people in the world won’t care. He is playing a game of chess that he can’t win because he has not only ticked off the USA but many, many other countries too. Assange has way more enemies than friends nowadays and his enemies are powerful and out to see him in prison.