US lady arrested over 9 year overdue video rental

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: US lady arrested over 9 year overdue video rental[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/02/VHS-Tape-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

A South Carolina lady was arrested for failing to return a VHS tape of the romantic comedy Monster In Law.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/us-lady-arrested-over-9-year-overdue-video-rental-70513](http://www.myce.com/news/us-lady-arrested-over-9-year-overdue-video-rental-70513)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Presumably she’s facing the death penalty?! :doh:

it is a case study in “Never let logic and reason impede official policy and procedure”

Yet another “bang-up” job by the us police force, cementing the usa enforcement agency the leading position as biggest laughing stock of the world, by an exceptionally large margin.

Gaol time over a $20 movie is ludicrous.
Common sense would dictate that she gets a big fine, and the officers involved should be demoted to scrubbing toilets for a year.

What next? Arresting 1yr babies for loitering?

It is a VCR tape too! What good is it to anyone now. Besides, isn’t this type of thing the reason we have civil courts?

A year or two after HollyWood Video went belly up we did receive a NastyGram from their creditors claiming we had an overdue fine. Thank goodness prisoners have internet access or I might not be able to tell you this… (BTW, your PayPal account is pretty puny) :cool:

PS: She’d probably already have been arrested if she had copied the tape…:cop:

Makes you wonder exactly what a nine year old video tape is even worth these days!

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2719737]Makes you wonder exactly what a nine year old video tape is even worth these days!

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
Almost a priceless museum artifact. That’s why they were after her.
Equal to a lost DeVinci.
I’m still holding onto my commercial VHS movie tape waiting to make a fortune. :wink: :bigsmile:

I still have a library book from when I was 7 years old. I hope they don’t catch me LOL.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=cholla;2719772]Almost a priceless museum artifact. That’s why they were after her.
Equal to a lost DeVinci.
I’m still holding onto my commercial VHS movie tape waiting to make a fortune. :wink: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

LOL, I guess I shouldn’t have thrown out all those antique ‘Friends’ videos my wife had then. :bigsmile:

Mind you our VHS recorder has been given away as well. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2719785]Mind you our VHS recorder has been given away as well. :slight_smile:
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
I still have some working VCRs just in case I want to watch a VHS tape.
I can’t say I love the picture quality when veiwed on a 46" wide screen TV. But they look as good as they ever did played on my 27" CRT TV.

Mater of fact I used the VCR I have connected to the 46" TV to “dub” a comercial VHS to a DVD . The DVD quality looked the same as the VHS so a good copy as far as I’m concerned.

BTW the movie I dubbed is not available on DVD . Even the VHS copy I was able to buy is questionable but is supposed to be an original. I bought it from one of the ebay stores that specialize in movies.

[QUOTE=cholla;2719793]I can’t say I love the picture quality when veiwed on a 46" wide screen TV. But they look as good as they ever did played on my 27" CRT TV.[/QUOTE]
CRTs can be very forgiving with regards to picture quality. I watched something a few weeks ago on our 27" CRT (16:9 or even 21:9 film on a 4:3 screen). I thought the picture had a very good quality.

Then I checked that same file on my 24" PC monitor and my opinion about the quality changed from :iagree: to :Z

[QUOTE=Liggy;2719827]CRTs can be very forgiving with regards to picture quality. I watched something a few weeks ago on our 27" CRT (16:9 or even 21:9 film on a 4:3 screen). I thought the picture had a very good quality.

Then I checked that same file on my 24" PC monitor and my opinion about the quality changed from :iagree: to :Z[/QUOTE]

That’s why it’s a good idea to have a CRT .
I watch the 46" WS flat screen for most video . Which is either on DVD or on an external HDD.
I have some VHS that look OK on the 46" but more that don’t.
So those get played on the 27"CRT.
Still it’s funny how they used to look much better when it was all we had . DVD’s & other digital forms seem to retrain the eyes. Sharper beter quality is what the eyes expect.

[QUOTE=Seán;2719693]We’ve just posted the following news: US lady arrested over 9 year overdue video rental[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/02/VHS-Tape-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/us-lady-arrested-over-9-year-overdue-video-rental-70513

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

Notice how this story the jane/john doe gets arrested and face jail time but the big FAT corrupt politicians and corrupt corporations never get arrested or jail time??? Anyone see the hypocrisy in this story???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2719896]Anyone see the hypocrisy in this story???[/QUOTE] No, you’re the only one who has discovered that there might be something wrong in this story - everyone else is thinking it’s fine and dandy! :smiley:

(Is everyone trying to get threads locked for turning political this week?)

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2719902](Is everyone trying to get threads locked for turning political this week?)[/QUOTE]
I thought they were supposed to be moved to the "Political discussion " sub-forum first.
Only then if they were meeting the criteria of the guide for the "Political discussion " sub-forum .
I don’t think coolcolors posts is to that level . As it seems generic.
Now if he had said " the big FAT corrupt politicians and corrupt corporations in South Carolina never get arrested or jail time " . That might have been specific enough.

Once there it is supposed to get to the level of “name calling” or similar to get closed .