US Gov spending millions to teach foreign judges about copyright

US Gov spending millions to teach foreign judges about copyright.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/12/cNWrMc.jpg[/newsimage]The continued war on piracy will continue in 2011 within the United States and across the world, with the US and other nations leading the charge.  The US government will offer funding, training and technical assistance to foreign governments looking to crack down on intellectual property (IP) copyright infringement cases.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/us-gov-spending-millions-to-teach-foreign-judges-about-copyright-37922/](http://www.myce.com/news/us-gov-spending-millions-to-teach-foreign-judges-about-copyright-37922/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I just love it that the Dept of Homeland Security, which was created to protect people and property in the US against terrorism, is now engaged in copyright infringement cases… must not be a whole lot to do… I have a BIG problem with my government spending my and everyone else’s tax dollars in these endeavors. Just another example of our government being bought and sold by the corporate sector.

So basically they are investing money into educating people to have other people gaining even more money. This smells lobbying all over it.

So anyway … on a rare occasion, you happen to download that stupid army/explosive defusing movie that sucked, and I no-one can remember the name of and suddenly it turns out that you’re lumped into the same category as a company that clones medicines, and is possibly killing people with it’s products.

Damn!

Downloading movies means you’re killing people…

I wonder where they’re getting the money from. Those printing presses must be running full time. I also wonder where they buy ink from. Kind of presumptuous to be teaching other judges, they are practicing law, they haven’t gotten it right yet.

[QUOTE=Kerroj;2564527]I just love it that the Dept of Homeland Security, which was created to protect people and property in the US against terrorism, is now engaged in copyright infringement cases… must not be a whole lot to do… I have a BIG problem with my government spending my and everyone else’s tax dollars in these endeavors. Just another example of our government being bought and sold by the corporate sector.[/QUOTE]

I have a very close friend that trains agents in anti-terrorist technique. He feels that politicians, at the behest of corporations, are perverting the intent of Homeland Security. The overall agency is pretty awesome, but the corporate-government manipulation is one of the real problems facing the U.S., on many levels, like why isn’t Halliburton in the oil spill case against BP? Why does Halliburton still exist after all the devious crap they have pulled? Just an opinion, I could be wrong.

Disgraceful U$A

Name change to OCP next year. Anyone remember OCP, The company that ran Detroit ??

We do need Homeland Security & I don’t have a problem with that.
The power given it & the rest of the Federal US government by the so called Patriot Act ; I do have a problem with.
Any US law made that isn’t in the guidelines of the Constitution should be quickly struck down by the US Supreme Court.
Spending US citizens money after all taxes are our money not the governments .Overall the government doesn’t earn money .The fees (taxes ) they charge are for doing jobs they are already paid for with taxes. So spending tax money to educate a foreign government should be unConstitutional.
Listen to Glen Beck on Fox News sometime if you can.
There is a move to put the US Court system under International law.It can go by the Constitution as long as it doesn’t conflict with international law.The death penalty is the first of US laws that would go. WE THE PEOPLE (first words of the Constitution & large there too) need to stop this.
The problem is the US has traded in Freedom for safety & security .Which really hasn’t worked. The founding fathers & the patriots that fought & some gave their lives for this freedom would be ashamed of us currant citizens.
I have proposed this & usually it is argued with.
Since the USA is the most indebted nation in the world doesn’t that make us the poorest nation ?
My solution would be just to wipe all this debt off the books & tell the rest of the world. If you don’t like it don’t trade with us any more. I would at the same time make all old US currency void & only issue new to US citizens in the USA. No old currency would be allowed to be brought back in from foreign countries. We would have US military search all cargo coming in. We would have plenty of soldiers to do this since I’m sure most countries would ask the US military to leave.
Off the soap box.

[QUOTE=cholla;2564845]Since the USA is the most indebted nation in the world doesn’t that make us the poorest nation ?
[/quote] Depends on assets. I trust the Government has been spending the money wisely, and has plenty of assets to sell off to show for it … right?

[QUOTE=cholla;2564845]
My solution would be just to wipe all this debt off the books & tell the rest of the world. If you don’t like it don’t trade with us any more.[/quote]
Great Plan Mr Mugabe! I’m guessing that Fidel Castro is your financial advisor :wink:

I understand that Haiti & Zimbabwe are the 2 most influential financial powerhouses on the planet :iagree:

[QUOTE=cholla;2564845]I would at the same time make all old US currency void & only issue new to US citizens in the USA. No old currency would be allowed to be brought back in from foreign countries. We would have US military search all cargo coming in.[/QUOTE]
What could possibly go wrong … police states are wonderful places to live … just ask the Hungarians & Slovakians :iagree:

[QUOTE=cholla;2564845]
We would have plenty of soldiers to do this since I’m sure most countries would ask the US military to leave.
[/QUOTE] … because they don’t pay their bills, and the our plates are getting worn down by the number of US soldiers paying for their meals by cleaning dishes.

Listen to Glen Beck on Fox News sometime if you can. .

The last thing I want to do is listen to that douche-bag… :Z

they spend a lot me in other countries to stop drugs from coming here and it does very little. They could take half of that money to increase the number here in the USA to stop it from coming in and do much more good and we would have a least another 200,000 jobs.

[QUOTE=Kerroj;2564982]The last thing I want to do is listen to that douche-bag… :Z[/QUOTE]
Then you don’t like to hear the truth . Or site me some examples where Glen Beck has been proved to be lying.

Using soldiers we are already paying would be better for doing the searching for drugs.
Stopping drugs is really just a show put on by the government. They allow the drugs in to support the foreign countries that produce them.
How else would tons per day get across the borders ?
It is comming in by the semitruck full & shipping containers full.
Think about the busts you here about & how many of those with the amount of drugs they find to supply the US for even one day.

How can I put this … the US border is very large :iagree:

All that is required to illegally migrate from Mexico to the USA is patience, stamina and a good pair of walking shoes :iagree:

[QUOTE=debro;2565021]How can I put this … the US border is very large :iagree:

All that is required to illegally migrate from Mexico to the USA is patience, stamina and a good pair of walking shoes :iagree:[/QUOTE]
It also helps if you can respawn, because i’ve seen lots of soldiers with weapons around that border.

A countries wealth is measure by the capabilities of it’s people. Unfortunately, with the elitist dullards running ours, the potential is untapped. America has vast untapped minerals, oil, uranium, and many other kinds of -iums, food growth potential, and vast areas of land untouched with God knows what underneath it.

As soon as this country starts to treat Mexico like we treat Canada (well maybe not, as most Americans always forget it is there) well, in some manner other than a pariah state, a lot of good could come from it. The influence of the Mexican people’s in this country is and has been for centuries, positive. They are essential to this country, as are the Canadians. The North American part of the world count be one of the most (it is already) influences in this world, if the racism was tossed aside, on all sides.

I don’t think the Mugabe approach is a good idea either, but China knows that a war against would leave a big dent in their wallet (as we would kiss the debt behind and demand reparations for destroying their country), and it will be a very very long time before China can project it’s power, if ever, the way the United States can. We have individuals in Arizona running a more effective space program than the Chinese governments and better future spaceships which will come to fruition within a year or two than most governments in the world. The world financial crisis exist because all the people with money are scared to spend it. It isn’t like it all just disappeared. Americas economy is bouncing back anyways. America’s mothballed navy is better equipped than most of the worlds, as is it’s mothballed air force in Arizona. The soldiers speak for themselves.

Glenn Beck should be used for kindling. Him and Sarah Palin would make a great bonfire with the wooden brains and greasy personalities.

Calling Glenn Beck a douche bag is not fair to that useful product. Calling anyone a “Glenn Beck” is an insult unto itself.

Fox News serves once purpose, to see how the right wingnuts of this country’s brains are churning. Most of the News here serves only once purpose, to get ratings.

As far as the U.S pulling out of the rest of the world, that would be O.K. by me but I fear the radiation cloud from the ensuing world war would drift right over USA. The last World Wars were not started by us, though they were finished by us (and some other free loving counties, i.e. England, Australia, Canada, to name a few, and Russia, of course, who’s contribution is always under appreciated, though what happened after in Russia and the East of Europe is nothing they are even proud of). China was a huge victim of WW2 and China has a long memory. Once North Korea is settled, I believe (if they don’t invade Taiwan) much pressure could ease in that part of the world. Though, eventually, that part of the world will inflame due to the huge population and lack of resources. I am probably wrong though. I hope I am.

I see little if any comparison between anything I posted & Mugabe .

We the People of the USA have wealth but the government doesn’t .
We actually own everything even what the government calls theirs’ .

As for Mexicans & my definition of them is citizens of Mexico.
If the immigrate to the USA legally & become citizens of the USA they
become Americans. The same can be applied to citizens of any other country
that does the same. I would stop all immigration because I believe the USA is full
& we no longer need citizens not born here. At least till we see unemployment go into negative numbers . I don’t see that happening anytime soon.
One of my pet peeves is the Hyphenated-American. When any citizen of the USA puts another country or continent in front of American they have divided themselves from America. They become a Divided-American showing their first loyalty is to another country.
To make an example of this: the majority black citizens in the USA have decided to be called African-Americans.
If I went to South Africa would I refer to its’ black citizens as African-American or African-South African . I think they would laugh at either. As a further example : If a “white” person immigrates to the USA from South Africa is he to be called an African-American.
Not to just use black people as an example how many times have you heard the term Mexican-Canadian , German-Chinese , Italian-Australian ,etc.
So to those that immigrate to the USA legally become American with no other country to which you still have loyalty. If you still have loyalty to another country move there & make it better. Work to make it a country that has what you immigrated to the USA for. Don’t move to the USA to make it into the country you found so bad you moved to the USA.

I don’t consider myself as right wing as Glen Beck but I wouldn’t consider being compared to him an insult. I still haven’t seen him proved to be lying.

This is what I predict will actually happen & is more back on topic:
The USA & the rest of the world will come more & more under international law .
Eventually becoming a one world government. Most of the people of Earth under that government will be treated like the third world people are now. With an “elite” class ruling & deciding what’s best for the rest of us. They will claim to have brought peace on Earth.
I’m old enough to probably not see the completion of this. I already am seeing the start & things can move very fast. So maybe. Then the Apocalypse will come .

Glenn Beck is insane. He using vapo rub to make himself cry. He is a huckster. He tried to tie in some fresco’s made of concrete in New York city that were about 40 years old to Obama and some weird Mason conspiracy. Maybe in his defense one can say he does not believe he is lying. Then most insane people don’t believe they are lying. Schizophrenics really see people who aren’t there and they hear voices too.

Unfortunately, there is no medication for what Glenn Beck suffers from. He is a liar, a deceiver, and an example of the worst that the United States has to offer.

I am happy him and Sarah Palin have gotten together, it will be easier to round them up when the insane asylum comes calling for them both. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2565095]He tried to tie in some fresco’s made of concrete in New York city that were about 40 years old to Obama and some weird Mason conspiracy. [/QUOTE]

It took me some time to find a video of the Glenn Beck show That covers what you posted.
It has been posted several times on YouTube but seems to get removed .So hopefully it will be good until you view it.

Beck never says Obama on this video .
In the only reference to the President he says:

completely unrelated.

Not to be labeled a complete Beck supporter there is something I don’t like about him but I won’t discuss that. It would quickly get this topic closed.

Glenn Becks technique is innuendo. He makes accusations then wraps it with with disclaimers. His technique is old and only the really old uninformed fall for it or the really young who have never heard Goebbels (speaking a little German helps) propaganda machine. Beck would be well dressed as a Nazi. Don’t waste you time researching anything Beck. Please, don’t waste one brain cell on him. I have a well though out opinion of him that could not be changed and i think that excessive exposure to him could lead to Brain cancer, or some other ailment.