Us Dvd Media Bargains!

I used www.allmediaoutlet.com

they are okay but im looking for a good US price on TY dvd+r … im tired of so so to bad burns

so far ive bought

TDK 4x with bad burns (in town)

Verbatim datalife 4x with varying burns (in town)

Ritek 4x with varying burns (allmediaoutlet)

Where are you guys getting you media from ? is it cheap pricewise?

I’ve yet to see any TY DVD+R, unless it’s available online somewhere. Only DVD-R around here. (Fuji) The Fuji DVD+R is quite good.

OC-Freak tested some dvd+r of it… it was verbatim datalife plus but it was TY

:slight_smile:

I can not find Verbatim DVD’s anywhere here, I think the stores have stopped carrying it. Just a few spindles of DVD- once in a while. And they all say “Made In Taiwan”.

i have a spindle of verbatim datlifes but not datalife plus

btw ur damn quick with the replies tonight!
:slight_smile:

I have been buying from www.tapeandmedia.com

I’ve been getting Verbatim Datalife +R disks made in Singapore. They are made by Mitsubishi Chemical and have been pretty good so far. Price has been around $1.91 a disk including shipping, so not really cheap until I compare it to local prices for name brand media.

are those the ones on spindles? 15 pack?

they look like they say datalifeplus… but the picture could be wrong maybe ill email them!

Yes they are on spindles, 15 pack, but they are not Datalife Plus disks. Just the Datalife–cheaper stuff, but I’ve had pretty good luck with them.

I specifically asked for ones made in Singapore and they came through for me.

Guess you could ask if they had any Verbatim brand media made in Japan and hope to get some Taiyo Yuden disks.

can you please post the media codes of those dvd+r? in this thread? Thanks if so!

can you do both the media code and the ADIP ( show complete media code )

1. Next you should post the ADIP: Preferrably download DVDinfoPRO from www.dvdinfopro.com then identify the media and copy and paste the information here, it may be useful to include the full ADIP as well: go to advanced commands and choose ‘show complete media code’ and then copy and paste this information as well. The full media code may be useful to distinguish different batches of discs as the ADIP sometimes have small changes due to new media batches. This again may make it easier to explain why some discs performs better than other while they are still identified as the same discs.

Ok, here you go. Already had DvdinfoPro.

Media Information                            

Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Media code/Manufacturer ID MCC 002
Format Type UDF 1.02
Volume Name HEARTS_IN_ATLANTIS
Application id
Implementation id AHEAD Nero
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 9/28/2003 23:10:15
Format Capacity 4.36GB(4.68GB)
Book Type DVD+R
Media Type DVD+R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 22E33Fh
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

00000000 08 02 00 00 A1 0F 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 25 E3 3F …%.?
00000010 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 4D 43 43 00 00 00 00 00 30 …MCC…0
00000020 30 32 00 38 23 54 37 13 02 4A 71 02 90 66 16 16 02.8#T7…Jq…f…
00000030 0B 0B 0A 0A 01 1C 1E 0B 0C 12 12 01 00 00 00 00 …

Used a movie I had backed-up already.

Wow thanks for the quick reply!

yeah i saw those over at dvdrhelp.com

was hoping the verbatim datalifes i bought at Sams club would have been those… i have not had luck with the Ricohs’ and was hopeing to find something else localy… but as it seems Ricoh is the main guys producing dvd+rs’

anyone else with places to buy good media at decent prices?

or do most of you buy it locally?