US customers can't get DVDFab anymore?

vbimport

hey all…after reading a few posts , I get the impression that I won’t be able to d/l newer versions of dfab qt 8 or 9? Can someone explain to me what is happening?..I’ve had my lic. for about 10 years…Thanx,Jim

I don’t have a complete answer .
My understanding is there will still be updated downloads but they won’t have
blu-ray decryption capabilities.

If you read the other thread there is a workaround. Basically this is downloading the updates intended for use outside the US.

You wait and see, the story has changed 10 times already, I have a funny feeling it will change again before this is over.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2728874]You wait and see, the story has changed 10 times already, I have a funny feeling it will change again before this is over.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

100% agreement with that. :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :clap:

There is no complete answer.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=signals;2728929]There is no complete answer.:)[/QUOTE]
You’re traveling through another dimension – a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That’s a signpost up ahead: your next stop: [B]the Twilight Zone![/B]

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone. There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call “The Twilight Zone”. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

LOL Maybe that is where the answer lies. If they still have Fair Use.:slight_smile:

I’m sorry if this question is redundant & appreciate useful responses. Please verify the following: I was told by a rep. that I can renew my Blu-ray copy license that expires on June 18th ($15 for 1 year) & receive future updates; only new U.S. customers’ purchases will not have Blu-ray decryption capabilities. My DvdCopy license expires on March 10, 2015 so I’m good to go with that so far.
My last official version (Allow downloading of beta versions is not checked) is 9.1.4.5 (14/05/2014). I will renew as soon as I know that I won’t get a version without Blu-ray decryption and will donate to the cause if they except that. I’ve never in the 9 years of using this software had a problem (Even using the built-in VSO or DVDFab’s burning software) and hope to continue supporting them.

If you have & keep a copy of your older installers you should be able to use those to have the version they are for . So if you install a newer version & you find you don’t have the decryption capabilities you need just run the older installer.
With the changes you might need to uninstall the newer version first.
The only other thing is you will need a current license .

I just renewed my Blu-ray copy license which would’ve expired on June 18th 2014 for one more year. When I was done paying and verifying that my license expiration date changed in DVDFab I was directed back to the products page where I noticed this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

We will keep rolling out updates to existing customers who own paid versions of DVDFab 9, with identical features and functionalities as before. But please obey local laws and regulations regarding to copyright protections and use DVDFab 9 for your private purpose only. We thank you again for the continued support! Stay with us, and we will not let you down!

I assume this means that I should, in theory, be able to download updates and keep the same functionality as before with decryption?

[QUOTE=mcodeg;2728988]I just renewed my Blu-ray copy license which would’ve expired on June 18th 2014 for one more year. When I was done paying and verifying that my license expiration date changed in DVDFab I was directed back to the products page where I noticed this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

We will keep rolling out updates to existing customers who own paid versions of DVDFab 9, with identical features and functionalities as before. But please obey local laws and regulations regarding to copyright protections and use DVDFab 9 for your private purpose only. We thank you again for the continued support! Stay with us, and we will not let you down!

I assume this means that I should, in theory, be able to download updates and keep the same functionality as before with decryption?[/QUOTE]
For U.S. customers Blu-ray decryption no longer works in version 9.1.5.0.

[QUOTE=mcodeg;2728988]…I assume this means that I should, in theory, be able to download updates and keep the same functionality as before with decryption?[/QUOTE]I am not sure if that part of the website has been updated recently. Any updates you download will not decrypt Blu-ray, as Senor Bag noted in the previous post, but you can learn about alternatives here.

Looks like this is the begging of the end for decrypting Blu-ray.

Or you can be creative and figure out how to get the non US versions. DVDFab is not revoking any licenses so non US versions will still work in the US if you already have the license and know how to get it.

[QUOTE=Mike89;2729205]Or you can be creative and figure out how to get the non US versions. DVDFab is not revoking any licenses so non US versions will still work in the US if you already have the license and know how to get it.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: Indeed Mike! :iagree:
That’s the way how US citizens have to act!:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Mike89;2729205]Or you can be creative and figure out how to get the non US versions. DVDFab is not revoking any licenses so non US versions will still work in the US if you already have the license and know how to get it.[/QUOTE]

meh. Just PM the NSA. They’ll tell you where to get it…:iagree:

What if I download it in Mexico and install it on my PC here in the US?

If you have the license it will work. Hint/wink, or if the DVDFab website ‘thinks’ you are from Mexico (or anywhere else besides the US) when you download it, then it will work.

[QUOTE=Mike89;2730742]If you have the license it will work. Hint/wink, or if the DVDFab website ‘thinks’ you are from Mexico (or anywhere else besides the US) when you download it, then it will work.[/QUOTE]
I think you may have to spell it out, LOL, [B]VPN.:flower:[/B]

Since I have a license for what I use in DVDFab . An old lifetime platinum. ( I won’t get into why I think all blu-ray support should have been continued for that. Except for this quick jab at Fab.) I haven’t had a problem. They haven’t updated v8 since all this started anyway.
I refuse to download a version 9 . The “phone home” & the main reason for it offends me.

If I was a person trying to get a new working copy. I haven’t ever used VPN . I did use a proxy occasionally but that was many years ago . I had a reason & it was only for a short time.
Would a proxy based in a country other than the USA work ?
or
Would it need to be a VPN based in a country other than the USA ?
Maybe a tutorial from someone that knows about doing this would be good.
Maybe elsewhere in the forum so it doesn’t appear to be connected to DVDFab.