US crackdown on piracy shuts down 9 websites

vbimport

I just posted the article US crackdown on piracy shuts down 9 websites.

The United States government has cracked down on Internet piracy by seizing nine popular domains accused of copyright infringement and organized piracy.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/us-crackdown-on-piracy-shuts-down-9-websites-31455/](http://www.myce.com/news/us-crackdown-on-piracy-shuts-down-9-websites-31455/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Oooohhh. they got the domains… i guess everybody is screwed now…

wait… what are those nice ip adresses …?

What a thrill to watch a movie/TV show on a 17" monitor…what a waste…

“Don’t do the crime if ya can’t do the time!” - Baretta (Robert Blake)

I think its time the whole world cracks down on Obama and his whole crew of jolly little pirates!

Obama is the finest President the rotten capitalist U.S.-System allows.

I guess if you cant run a war in the Middle East, fix an oil spill, fund NASA, fix the economy, create employment or get a handle on the Iran nuke program you might as well secure a job in Hollywood. It ain’t like Obama is gonna be in Washington after the next election. He might as well try to score a deal like ex-congressman Glickman got.

And domain names cost … $200?
Oh woe is me!!!

I can imagine these domains are feeling the pain … they’ll have to perform a word search on their website & replace a few links … and change their logos…

“U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said copyright infringement leads to lost U.S. jobs.” ---- Really? Is that the latest tactic?
Next thing they’ll be saying is that it’s the leading cause of oil spills. Sorry, but the cause of lost jobs is outsourcing and the shallow economy. Both of those were brought on by corporate greed, not this. (Not that I care that a few movie sites were shut down – I rent DVDs. But I hate propaganda.)

WTF does homeland security have to do with copy right infringement its a god dam civil matter between two parties ah well…government by the corporations for the corporations the best that money can buy!! I guess its just to hard to do their real job!

[QUOTE=lordsmurf;2529891]“U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said copyright infringement leads to lost U.S. jobs.” ---- Really? Is that the latest tactic?
Next thing they’ll be saying is that it’s the leading cause of oil spills. Sorry, but the cause of lost jobs is outsourcing and the shallow economy. Both of those were brought on by corporate greed, not this. (Not that I care that a few movie sites were shut down – I rent DVDs. But I hate propaganda.)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree…

im in canada.i could care less what obama does…:slight_smile:

theppfftt, “i could care less” means you care. try “couldn’t” care less.

as always happens this post is off topic

[QUOTE=wizardB;2529905]WTF does homeland security have to do with copy right infringement its a god dam civil matter between two parties ah well…government by the corporations for the corporations the best that money can buy!! I guess its just to hard to do their real job![/QUOTE]
hey they don’t want to make waves with the important people so they srew with the little guy, you know the one that can’t fight back in court.