US authorities have access to cloud data of EU users

Imagine you are EU based and use “the cloud” for your stuff. Like the idea of haveing US authorities access to your data? Then make sure your cloud provider is a US based company.
:Z

More here: http://h-online.com/-1270961

Michael

They may have access, but do they have the passwords?

I dont like the idea having personal info stored in a hard drive located away from my room, so no cloud services for me.
No idea how hard would it be to break the password, notice that most users have very easy passwords.

[QUOTE=vroom;2594489]I dont like the idea having personal info stored in a hard drive located away from my room, so no cloud services for me.
No idea how hard would it be to break the password, notice that most users have very easy passwords.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don’t or never will use such services either, especially when hackers are unstoppable and running a muck :rolleyes:

As for passwords all of mine are no less then 18 characters which contains upper, lower case and numbers and no password are used for any other log-in. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2594487]They may have access, but do they have the passwords?[/QUOTE]Cloud operators want you to process data in the cloud. So no encryption in that scenario.

Michael

I’ve been around long enough to have been a user of Photopoint.

I’ve learned THAT lesson the hard way.

Anyone trying to sell me on the idea of “the cloud” now better have really good medical insurance.

AD

I sure hope that, at least in the data transfer (connnection and tcp/ip transmission) there is some form of encryption. Hopefully IPSec.

There are many clouds though. Application clouds, data clouds, processing clouds.

“…Any data which is housed, stored or processed by a company, which is a U.S. based company or is wholly owned by a U.S. parent company, is vulnerable to interception and inspection by U.S. authorities…”

:eek: