*urgent* Which of these burners should I buy?

vbimport

Hi guys … I hope everyone’s doing great :slight_smile: … Well I’m kind of in a hurry, lol … I have to buy a burner in a couple of hours (within today) …

Please tell me which of the following burners is the most recommendable one …

1. Samsung S202J
  2. Sony DRU-840A
  3. Asus 2014S1T/CBN
  4. Liteon DH-18A4P07C
  5. LG GH20NS10
  6. Asus DRW-1814BL/A5/CAB_BLK

Please ONLY stick to the above 5 models, as these are the only choices available in my local market … :rolleyes:

Also, one of my major uses for this drive will be burning both Single Layer and Dual Layer DVDs … so please tell me which of the above has good burning capabilities (expecially for Dual Layer burning)

Thanx guys … please help me out here, er… quickly :slight_smile:

sorry, forgot to add one more model …

1. Samsung S203D :slight_smile:

You know, the LG is a Sata drive?
If you do have a Sata controller that is known not to have issues with Sata ODD, then get that.

The Sony is btw a recycled Samsung SH-S202H :wink:

I’d go for the 203D…this also is an SATA drive.

I agree with Arachne and would go for the Samsung 203D. There is a CDFreaks review of it from last year that rated it very highly.

[quote=Ibex;2103113]I agree with Arachne and would go for the Samsung 203D. There is a CDFreaks review of it from last year that rated it very highly.[/quote]No. There is no such thing like a 203D review on CDfreaks.com.

ok well, I bought the 203D then … havent had any time since yesterday to properly take it for a test drive yet, but its response seems good so far … its able to detect and play/read all the DVDs and DVD_R DLs my previous Liteon failed to detect :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Ahmadka;2103595]ok well, I bought the 203D then … havent had any time since yesterday to properly take it for a test drive yet, but its response seems good so far … its able to detect and play/read all the DVDs and DVD_R DLs my previous Liteon failed to detect :slight_smile: …[/QUOTE]

Great! I hope you enjoy the drive. I installed my 203N yesterday, and it’s performing well with both reading and burning :slight_smile: