URGENT! Maxtor or Maxtor?

I can choose between those 2 HD but I don’t know which to take… I can buy them for 70euro and 75euro.

So I ask it to you guys (pros)

Maxtor D740X-6L: 80Gb 7200RPM 2Mb cache ATA133

OR

Maxtor Diamond plus 9: 80Gb 7200RPM 2Mb cache ATA133

:bow: :bow: :bow:

You would probably be happy with either one, which are very similar in performance.

The DiamondMax Plus 9 comes standard with fluid dynamic bearing motors for quietness. Since this is latest model and the top of the line, personally I would probably get this one.

Maxtor just changed their warranty in the US from 3 years to 1 year. I would no longer buy a Maxtor drive with this warranty if one of their competitors still offers a 3 year warranty. In my experience, 7200 RPM drives are much more likely to have an early failure.

Check the warranty first, and if the Maxtor warranty in Europe is standardized by law or is the same as their competition, then it’s a good choice.

Are you sure the diamond max has fluid dynamic bearing motors? Because the 6L is the Maxtor Quietdrive.

I haven’t had good experience with maxtor in the past, a few months ago I bought myself a DiamondMax16 160GB UDMA133 from dabs.com

It took me most of a Saturday to get the damn thing going and after I finally got it going all the data I put on it would get corrupt after about a day, thanks God I had it all on my old drive, I’ve bought myself 2 80 gig Seagate Barracudas since and never had a problem

I probably just got a dodgy drive though and dabs agreed that it was faulty so I got my money back

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
Are you sure the diamond max has fluid dynamic bearing motors? Because the 6L is the Maxtor Quietdrive.

Yes.

I’ve 2 of the D740X-6L 80GB running and must say that I’m very pleased with em.
And the L stands for liquid, don’t know about the diamond plus