URGENT: Epson 680 Help needed please!

vbimport

Hi all, i have a bunch of stuff to print this afternoon, i have an Epson Stylus Color 680.

The problem i'm having is that the printer says the carts need replacing, yet i know that there is still a fair bit of ink left unused.

I heard there was a way to trick the printer in to thinking you've replaced the carts :: gets out his Paul Daniels Magic Set :: :D, is this true?

Would be great if someone could help me on this before i throw in the towel and replace the carts. :smiley:

Many thanks. :slight_smile:

Hope i’ve posted this in the right forum! :smiley:

Yes it is true, but the little ink left may not be enough to flow out.

The trick is to start the ink replacement, i.e. press and hold down the ink button for 3 seconds. If this doesn’t work, press and hold down the paper eject button. After, just lift the lid about a quarter up, then push it back down again. Now try printing, if it doesn’t work then try the head cleaning precess a few times.

Someone suggested something similar, apparently it works on a 580. I tried your method but my printer wouldn’t play ball…so i kicked it (just kiddin’). :smiley:

I tried, but in the end just dumped new cartridges in it. I here there is a Jet-Tec Starter Kit or something that is supposed to be quite good??