Urgent, can't burn DVDs anymore!

vbimport

Hi guys, i’m new to this forum and i beg you to help me because i work in a photography studio and cannot burn CDs/DVDs anymore! I got Windows 7 home premium x64 and an assembled PC with 2 Samsung SH-M522C (DVD readers). When i connect them to the mobo and turn on the PC, it seems to recognize 'em, you can see it in this screenshot:

But every CD/DVD burning software doesn’t recognize any DVD reader! I’ve tried Ashampoo, IMGBURN, Nero and CloneDVD

What can i do? Thanks in Advance, i’ve spent months looking for a fix

I do hope you are only trying to burn CD’s with that Samsung SH-M522C, because it cannot burn DVD’s.

These are IDE interface drives, so you should check the DMA status of the drives first. Here is Womble’s guide for this: http://club.myce.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

It only goes to Vista, but Windows 7 should be similar.

Next you should remove upper and lower filters. Here is a guide for that: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929461 Again, this is for Vista, but will work in Win 7 as well.

You can also try both of these in ImgBurn. Click on Tools–>Reset DMA, and Tools–>Filter Driver Load Order.

But every CD/DVD burning software doesn’t recognize any DVD reader! I’ve tried Ashampoo, IMGBURN, Nero and CloneDVD

That’s weird…your device is properly displayed in device manager.
Those programs should be able to detect your reader as source…

Sorry the model is not that samsung! Its the one in the screenshot and im sure 100â„… its a SATA DVD reader for computer

If it is a Samsung SH-D163b, shown in the picture you have of Device Manager, then that drive is a DVD-Rom. It cannot burn to CD’s or DVD’s.

It can read both of those types of discs, but cannot burn anything.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2769139]If it is a Samsung SH-D163b, shown in the picture you have of Device Manager, then that drive is a DVD-Rom. It cannot burn to CD’s or DVD’s.

It can read both of those types of discs, but cannot burn anything.[/QUOTE]

REALLY? it was only that? D: when i went to the shop i’ve asked for a DVD writer… damn, is Asus DRW-24F1MT a writer?

[QUOTE=Trashmob;2769148] is Asus DRW-24F1MT a writer?[/QUOTE]

Yes…:iagree:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2769150]Yes…:iagree:[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot, sorry again for wasting your time, it was so stupid

No need to apologize. Sounds like the shop you went to made the mistake, not you.

Besides, we’re happy to help where we can.