Ups help

Should my ups be on?

Only if you want it to be on… :confused:

Rubbish! Your UPS should be off! That way it will not blow up in your face or general vicinity! All sane people understand this! The UPS is designed for a purpose, and that is not to stand around waiting to blow up, but rather to ponder lifes questions safely tucked away in any 90-degree corner, preferably with a pine floor.

On -.-

UPS? what the fuck?

Uninterruptible Peanut Supply :wink:

Universal Pussy Sweatner

Uninterruptible Power Supply

So should i have it on or off?

Didnt you get a manual with your Uninterruptible Peanut (butter) Supply?
I’d have it on, but thats just me. If its charged enough, I’m sure you can have it off, as long as off doesnt mean totally off, in which case your supply of peanut butter will surely drop at a menancing rate, in the event of a electrical failure.

Many of these UPS makes a Sound and will makinging that sound intill its connected to the poweroutput again …

ups = ugly person sweetner i would just use alcohol

I thought they where talking about UPS the courier?
What is this type of UPS?

tell you what… connect your computer in it and see what happens.

if it gives a huge explosion and lots of smoke, you shouldn’t have switched it on. If it doesn’t, well… try again.

This stands for Uninterruptable Power Supply, and it is a device that provides continuous, reliable power to your computer. It is a device that plugs into your outlets and you then plug your computer, monitor, and other components into. It uses a battery to make sure that the computer will stay on even if there is a power outage. These are generally used only for critical machines and servers, but they can also be useful at home if you have blackouts/brownouts or voltage irregularities. …
Source

dont turn it on… even dont unpack it from a box… leave it in basment … or throw out of window … lol -.-

Edit:

“This stands for Uninterruptable Peanut-butter Supply, and it is a device that provides continuous, reliable peanut butter to your digestive system. It is a device that plugs into your mouth and you then plug your computer, monitor, and other components into. It uses a battery to make sure that the computer will stay on even if there is a peanut butter outage. These are generally used only for critical meals and snacks, but they can also be useful at home if you have black toast/brown toast or general bread-based irregularities. …”

God forbid that we should ever have a PBO.

:wink:

The short version.

1. It keeps the power going during a blackout or brownout.
  2. It “filters” power anomalies, aka protects your PC’s or whatever is plugged into it from spikes, or frequency variations in the unlikely event htis happens.

It should be ON at all times. During power faults the UPS will scream at you to tell you the power is out. It should have several LEDs, or similar to indicate the remaining power in the UPS’s batteries. If it’s low, shutdown your PC normally, before the power cuts out completely.

Exactly! I have been using one for about 6 years now, and it has saved me from losing data many times! :iagree:

wheres your sense of adventure…?? turn that thing OFF… Call UPS to come pick up your UPS ASAP if they can’t call DHL PDQ before you are SOL