Upgrading software

I’m sure this question has been asked and answered before but the search function didn’r reveal a solution. I have DVD FAB Platinum 5.2.5.0. It was purchased after May8, 2008 so I know I need to cough up money on an annual basis to continue using it. My question is this: Can I download the latest version (6.something) and just install it and then use my original 5.2.5.0 key? Or do I need to do something else to get 6.0? Or am I stuck with 5.x.x.x?

Thanks

Keith

http://www.dvdfab.net/order.htm

Thanks but I don’t want to buy it again.

It was purchased after May8, 2008 so I know I need to cough up money on an annual basis to continue using it.

Unless you just want to use the free version, you need to pay the renewal every time yours runs out.
Did you fill in your email address in the renewal box just below the buy it new on the page I linked to?

[QUOTE=sktn77a;2416686]I’m sure this question has been asked and answered before but the search function didn’r reveal a solution. I have DVD FAB Platinum 5.2.5.0. It was purchased after May8, 2008 so[B] I know I need to cough up money on an annual basis to continue using it.[/B] My question is this: Can I download the latest version (6.something) and just install it and then use my original 5.2.5.0 key? Or do I need to do something else to get 6.0? Or am I stuck with 5.x.x.x?

Thanks

Keith[/QUOTE]

That statement is not true, you don’t have to once your registration expires you can keep using the product however you will no longer get updates

If you download the v6 it will not install over v5 but rather install in it’s own folder and registry directory, and you will need to buy it again unless you just use the free version which you can rip to your HDD then you can use v5 that can be left on your system… :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=sktn77a;2416725]Thanks but I don’t want to buy it again.[/QUOTE]

Deleted.

[QUOTE=OCanada;2416730]Deleted.[/QUOTE]

Getting slow old man :bigsmile:

if your registration has not expired then you can upgrade to v6 without having to pay.

you will only have to pay when your current registration has expired.

currently for dvd to dvd is only $7.99 for a year.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2416731]Getting slow old man :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I’m not slow, you’re just faster…

OC

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2416758]I’m not slow, you’re just faster…

OC

:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:smiley:

Troy512/Stormjumper:

OK, I think get it now. My registration is current so I can upgrade to 6.x.x.x without any additional charge but will have to pay the normal annual registration to keep using it. Do I need a 6.x.x.x registration key or will my old 5.x.x.x key work?

You will need a new registration key for ver 6

[QUOTE=sktn77a;2416859]Troy512/Stormjumper:

OK, I think get it now. My registration is current so I can upgrade to 6.x.x.x without any additional charge but will have to pay the normal annual registration to keep using it. Do I need a 6.x.x.x registration key or will my old 5.x.x.x key work?[/QUOTE]

As I stated before even if your registration expires you can still use the program that you have installed on your system…BUT you will not be able to receive or install any more updates unless you pay again, and yes like I and others have said if you want to use v6 then you will have to request the v6 reg key which if your registration is still good(has not expired) then you can do so for free

Thanks all; Got it!

[QUOTE=sktn77a;2416958]Thanks all; Got it![/QUOTE]
:cool:
Have a nice day :flower: