Upgrading from Vista to Windows 10 for less than $20

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Upgrading from Vista to Windows 10 for less than $20[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2009/07/vista-670x502.jpg[/newsimage]

While Windows Vista users are not eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 10, it’s possible to upgrade these systems to a non-pirated version of Microsoft’s latest operating system for less than $20. This requires a lot of downloading, but for about $9 also that issue can be solved.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/upgrading-from-vista-to-windows-10-for-under-20-78595/](http://www.myce.com/news/upgrading-from-vista-to-windows-10-for-under-20-78595/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This sounds iffy at best. Also, I’d really be surprised to see programs carried over with no glitches across two operating systems. It would seem to be a fine way to have mysterious problems popping up constantly.

Buy license key for $18, Spend an hour or more just upgrading to 7, rejoicing in the fact that you have already been lucky to get a key at all. Then hope that the key will work and if, fight another round upgrading to 10 hoping even that will work.

Seems more an activity to waste a few hours on the subject of ‘if’. Then again, it may actually be someone’s idea of fun for all I know…

At this point I thought it was too late for me to go back to Windows 7 but apparently I could for $18Â (and still retain my win10 license)… good to know :slight_smile:

It depends where you live in the world as to whether the cheap Windows OEM licenses are legitimate or not. For instance, if you live in the EU it is perfectly legitimate to buy or sell an unused Windows license key.

Having said that I wouldn’t go from Vista > 7 > 10, I’d go Vista > 7 and stay there.

I found links for Wè keys but the “upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 7” page you provide a link for is obsolete. The issue is urgent as the last date for free update is imminent.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2768758]This sounds iffy at best. Also, I’d really be surprised to see programs carried over with no glitches across two operating systems. It would seem to be a fine way to have mysterious problems popping up constantly.[/QUOTE]

Just thought I would throw my experience in on this topic. I still use a lot of old (mid 1990s on up) engineering software and even a copy of WordPerfect 6.1 on occasion and find Windows 10 to be more compatible with them than Windows 7. I skipped using Vista because several of these older programs would not run at all on it. So to summarize, I find Windows 10 to work very well with older software.

^What I meant by that was installing a program on Vista, then upgrading to 7 with all programs intact, then immediately upgrading to Windows 10. With no clean operating system installs except for the first one, I would expect some software to have glitches in this process.

Kerry, I wasn’t trying to dispute you in any way. Thinking back, I did a clean install of Windows 7 and ran into driver issues for some older hardware. I ended up using the x86 version of Windows to help solve the problem and stayed with it moving to Windows 10. To work around the RAM limitations of the x86 version I use a RAM drive with about 12 gb of space. It works quite well and really speeds up the computer.

Overall, I think the upgrade to Windows 10 has been the easiest one I have done for any Windows version. It was much easier than doing a clean install. I also upgraded 2-3 other computers running Windows 7 and they were all equally trouble free.

[QUOTE=UTR;2778293]Kerry, I wasn’t trying to dispute you in any way. Thinking back, I did a clean install of Windows 7 and ran into driver issues for some older hardware. I ended up using the x86 version of Windows to help solve the problem and stayed with it moving to Windows 10. To work around the RAM limitations of the x86 version I use a RAM drive with about 12 gb of space. It works quite well and really speeds up the computer.[/QUOTE]I had no problem putting Windows 7 on a XP computer. example Dell 1525 it was XP, Vista - installed fresh Windows 7x64 Ult Sp1 and T8100 CPU with 4gigs RAM with Dell 1525 Vista x64 drivers and never looked back. And still using it.

[QUOTE=UTR;2778293]Overall, I think the upgrade to Windows 10 has been the easiest one I have done for any Windows version. It was much easier than doing a clean install. I also upgraded 2-3 other computers running Windows 7 and they were all equally trouble free.[/QUOTE]This is just one person - I’ve read and heard alot where it didn’t go well and they lost files or data. And worse Forced updates and claim they don’t do that. MS has alot of PR to fix here. Also they update from MS and then fail to work and MS will not fix the problem saying the user did it but fail to notice they were the one nagging the user to go Windows 10.