First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong section.
My brother wants to upgrade his desktop computer because it’s so slow, it’s unbelievable, but we’re wondering the upgrade bundle he’s been offered is a good one.
Presently, he has a Gigabyte Technology motherboard - GA-8S661GXMP (site says it
- Supports IntelÂ® PentiumÂ® 4 processor with HT technology
- Supports high efficiency DDR400 memory
- Supports AGP 8X interface for higher graphics performance
- Integrated MirageTM Graphics engine
- Integrated 10/100Mb Ethernet controller
- Integrated high quality 6-channel AC’97 audio )
512mb DDrPC2700 Memory
Intel Celeron ® 2.93GHz Model 4 Stepping 1 processor
The local computer shop is doing an upgrade bundle which consists of:
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E5300 PROCESSOR
2 GIG DDR2 667 RAM MEMORY
ASUS SKT-775 P5SD2-VM S/V/L
256MB ONBOARD GRAPHICS
For the princely sum of Â£115. Is this a good deal? Does he need to replace all that they’re offering in the bundle?
Any advice would be much appreciated.