Upgraded to Windows 10 and getting error CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION ? Here’s the fix!

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Upgraded to Windows 10 and getting error CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION ? Here’s the fix![newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/09/CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Many Windows 10 users are complaining about Blue Screen of Deaths (BSODs) that present them error CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. On the Microsoft Answers Forum annoyed users complain that their computer reboots after the BSOD and because the error is unexpected and doesn’t announce itself, users lose data.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/upgraded-to-windows-10-and-getting-error-critical_structure_corruption-heres-the-fix-77333/](http://www.myce.com/news/upgraded-to-windows-10-and-getting-error-critical_structure_corruption-heres-the-fix-77333/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Uninstall Alcohol 120%, Deamon Tools or any other software using the SPTD driver

Or update to a Windows 10 supported SPTD driver version 2.04 instead of using Alcohol 120%'s outdated 1.87 version…:bigsmile:

looks like Microsoft are sorting out what you can and cant run on Windows 10, then didn’t expect it to go this route though. uninstall this, uninstall that! is there any real reason to upgrade to this crock of poop? it get’s worse day by day!!

[QUOTE=kevpc;2760454] is there any real reason to upgrade to this crock of poop?[/QUOTE]

Not yet…:disagree:
But sooner or later we’re forced to,that’s why I installed it to get the freebie registered,and afterwards have put 8.1 back…
If Windows 10 matures enough,within a year or so,I’ll upgrade…:wink:

I feel the same about an upgrade… I’m waiting it out.

BSOD - CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION I upgraded from Win7, ran fine for several months. In last few days (maybe 3-4 days, the BSOD-CSC started appearing spontaneously, losing everything I’m working on. Today, it has occurred 5 times, WITH NOTHING RUNNING. The suggested fixes I’ve seen either do not apply, or do not fix the problem. The BSOD states it is collecting data, but for whom? Does it actually send a memory dump to Microsoft for analysis?

Up to now, I have felt very comfortable with Win 10’s stability. Lately, Not so. I note I’m not alone. Best the folks at Microsoft analyze and get this one fixed ASAP.

Regards,

Terry
(in Canada)

@terrysmythe
If you want some help with the issue, I’d suggest starting your own thread in our Windows 8 and 10 forum: http://club.myce.com/f189/

I have the same problem with BSOD and the Critical Structure Corruption junk. It started last week and is now about a daily occurrence. I did not like Win 10 right from the beginning and should have returned to Win 7, but didnot, expecting to work out kinks. Anyway, this is stupid and now causes me about 1 hour set up by closing windows and restarting.

In addition after the November update, I nol onger had the access point for the I-net. Checking in the Win 10 forums, I found I was not alone. I refused to do all the registry changes suggested by various users (no Microsoft techs announcing themselves, of course). Anyway, I solved that one simply by a restart which was fine until this BSOD corrupt crap began. I am 83 years old and simply do not have the strength to take this desktop machine to be repaired, and I don’t trust on-line service Depts.

Anyway, I have now found myce, and at least I know I am not alone. I am also not alone in a sinking ship with a heron sitting in the stern, but its not very helpful, is it?

So, I hope to find some help here eventually. I just found you all today.

lotus619

Hi lotus619…:slight_smile:
Try to find out which issue you have by running NirSoft’s Blue Screen View :

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

And of course,you can also post it’s log ,so we can try to help you…:slight_smile:

I feel sorta the same way as some of you do…You were comfortable with Win 10 till recently. i have LOVED Win 10 till recently, the last 4 months or so on the other hand i have wanted to throw my computer into oncoming traffic cause of all the blue screening. Every time it blue screens i get a new error code everything. the Most resent one that happened just about…ohhh 10 mins ago was the Critical_Structure_Corruption. There have been so many that i cant even remember them. my computer blue screens at least twice a day and its getting to the point where i don’t want to have Win 10 because of this mess. Dont get me wrong Win 10 is great but when it comes to running smoothly with no problems that’s an issue. I have had the Hard Drive replaced on this computer twice and its not even 2 years old yet. Only things i do with my computer is play WoW, LoL, and Steam Games…mainly ARK as of recently. IT seems to be happening when i play ARK too…sometimes i think its just a coincidence but sometimes i feel that it might be happening cause i am on ARK i dont know. I am not that computer literate but I do know a bit about computers and how to fix the errors/ or attempt to fix them as they occur. But now its just getting out of hand.

recently (10 days) upgraded from W7 (64bit) to Win 10. Took >40 hrs to get my MSI laptop to upgrade successfully. W10 worked fine for several days. I mostly run Chrome and get to a website to stream their pre-recorded news video. Then I started to get Critical Structure Corruption Blue screen problem. Some forum advised that the cause is out-of-date drivers. I ran SimDriver and got all my driver updated, but the crash still happens, sometimes once in an hour and sometimes longer. Not sure what to do. Your valuable advice is welcome

[QUOTE=victor142857;2777916]recently (10 days) upgraded from W7 (64bit) to Win 10. Took >40 hrs to get my MSI laptop to upgrade successfully. W10 worked fine for several days. I mostly run Chrome and get to a website to stream their pre-recorded news video. Then I started to get Critical Structure Corruption Blue screen problem. Some forum advised that the cause is out-of-date drivers. I ran [B]SimDriver [/B]and got all my driver updated, but the crash still happens, sometimes once in an hour and sometimes longer. Not sure what to do. Your valuable advice is welcome[/QUOTE]

Look at the [B]Bolded [/B]text-never use such 3rd party drivers. Want latest verified drive go to your laptop or desktop or motherboard makers site to get the verified working drivers. Anyone using 3rd party installer should get whipped with wet noodles…