Upgraded to DVDFAB Platinum 4 Ver 4.1.2.0

vbimport

Upgraded DVDFab Platinum 4 to Ver. 4.1.2.0 and I am having read errors with 3 different movie backups, There Will Be Blood, Water Horse, and Walk Hard. The 1st message is “DVDFab encounters a reading error (may be caused by copy protection) which can be removed by using PathPlayer, the technology employed in DVDFab. Please note when PathPlayer is enabled, opening a DVD may take up to several minutes. Would you like to restart DVDFab to enable PathPlayer for this DVD?” The next message is “Reading/Writing error content.” Error while reading! Please choose what to do. Retry, Abort, Ignore, or Ignore All. I was able to back up all of these movies on another computer without upgrading the DVDFab program. It must not be a problem with backing up these specific DVD’s. Any suggestions? WolfpackRon.

[QUOTE=wolfpackron;2035314]Upgraded DVDFab Platinum 4 to Ver. 4.1.2.0 and I am having read errors with 3 different movie backups, There Will Be Blood, Water Horse, and Walk Hard. The 1st message is "DVDFab encounters a reading error (may be caused by copy protection) which can be removed by using PathPlayer, the technology employed in DVDFab.[/QUOTE]

Well for starters I just finished backing up those movies last night with no errors using dvdfab platinum 4.1.2.0. WHat you should do is a clean uninstall which you can find the link on how to do in stormjumpers signature, search some threads for a post from him to get the link. When you done the clean uninstall then redownload dvdfab and save somewhere, do the same for your registration key. If this does not work then post again and someone will help.

Second GJ’s recommendation as 4120 will do these movies with no problem even with PathPlayer disabled

I agree with the others. You should also check the drive you are reading from to make sure it is clean and that windows has not put in PIO (=s l o w) transfer mode because of the read errors. If you are getting errors on many discs that are clean and unscratched it is probably the drive.

I also had NO trouble with those three titles. And that’s using DvdFab Platinum. 4.1.2.0.

Signals may be on to something if you were able to back them up on a different pc, and the discs aren’t scratched.

May be new burner time.