Upgraded to 6.6.3.4 and now a weird error comes up

vbimport

First off, I have a Pioneer DVR-112D burner. Firmware is 1.22 (I’ve only upgraded it once a year ago. Think 1.22 came out during July). I had version 6.5 of AnyDVD and things were working fine.

Recently bought District 9 and wanted to make a backup. I usually don’t upgrade software unless I really need to. This time I needed the latest version of AnyDVD. Downloaded and installed. Now I have tried a couple different DVDs and I get the following message:

First time I’ve seen this message before. I get this when I load a couple different DVDs including District 9.

Any advice on what this means? I saw a firmware update to 1.28 was available for the DVD drive. Will upgrading to it help?

Well have you tried the lastest beta version to see if it works? Also if your getting bad reads from just that dvd it could be a bad media. Have you tried other dvd you bought and know it works to test them again and see if you get the same message? If not then the dvd you bought is bad and you need to go back and get a working one. Also what software are you using to make a backup? So is that new dvd the only one your having trouble with?

bravacentauri83 has already mentioned that this occurs with “a couple different DVDs including District 9.” And he is obviously using AnyDVD, since the screenshot shows this.

You can try the new beta of AnyDVD HD, found here: http://club.myce.com/f88/anydvd-hd-6-6-3-7-beta-discussion-thread-311322/

And you can try the RPC1 firmware, version 1.28 that is at the top of the list on this page:
http://files.rpc1.org/index.php?act=category&id=1098

I think the problem is Option 4

I had that problem many years ago and set the region of the burner to my current location and problem was fixed

YOu do this in Device manager in control panel, open the DVD/CD ROM heading, right click your burner, properties, DVD region tab change to your region ie select your country
save and reboot
I thing a region has to to be specified and cannot be a blank in order for the current AD to work properly

after that an RPC patch would also be good

I checked the properties of the drive and it was Region 1.

I noticed on that RPC1 website that the firmware has EU at the end. Does this mean it’s meant for European drives? Is this still ok to install?

Something else that happened which was weird: Even though I get the error, I was still able to open DVD Shrink and rip an ISO of District 9.

I also forgot to mention that I have an IDE drive (if this matters).

im not saying that you are running illigeal software but thats the error it throws up if you are!

[QUOTE=Westie69;2513402]im not saying that you are running illigeal software but thats the error it throws up if you are![/QUOTE]

Actually I don’t think that is right:flower:
If that were the case then : It just says the trial period is over:flower:
Besides that is not the OP’s problem:flower:

[QUOTE=bravacentauri83;2513312]I checked the properties of the drive and it was Region 1.

I noticed on that RPC1 website that the firmware has EU at the end. Does this mean it’s meant for European drives? Is this still ok to install?

Something else that happened which was weird: Even though I get the error, I was still able to open DVD Shrink and rip an ISO of District 9.

I also forgot to mention that I have an IDE drive (if this matters).[/QUOTE]
Upgrade to Firmware 128
http://files.rpc1.org/index.php?act=view&id=5554
this should fix your problem
DOn’t worry about the EU, its on all the Pioneer FW even on my latest 205 bought in USA for USA Blu burner
Then check region code is 1 for North America ( i am ssuming that is where you are from your post)