Upgrade?

am sorry guys i’ve searched the forums but i could not find anything…can we upgrade our 48X liteons to the 52?

thx

Originally posted by DrQ
am sorry guys i’ve searched the forums but i could not find anything…

Hmmm. There are many, many threads about this. The answer is either yes or no. It depends on which 48X drive you have.

Originally posted by DrQ
[B]am sorry guys i’ve searched the forums but i could not find anything…can we upgrade our 48X liteons to the 52?

thx [/B]

I am sorry, I have searched my memory but I could not find anything. :cool:

Originally posted by DrQ

…can we upgrade our 48X liteons to the 52?

thx

Well, see the thing is that all it depends on who you mean by saying “we” :bigsmile:

The pronoun you should’ve used is “I”, not “We”. As “We” indicates the collective, and it looks like you’re the only one who can’t OC a 48x to 52x.

Ok, seriously, you need to check out one of the stickies again, 'cause I’m freaking tired. Damn, I’ve typed too much.

Originally posted by DrQ
[B]am sorry guys i’ve searched the forums but i could not find anything…can we upgrade our 48X liteons to the 52?

thx [/B]

It depends on the model you have. Only the latest models starting with the 48126S, is at this time upgradable to a 52246S.

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]

Well, see the thing is that all it depends on who you mean by saying “we” :bigsmile: [/B]

Come on guys, I thought this forum was also here to help people who have no idea where to start looking for information. It is easy to be facetious at another’s expense.

Cheer up, man ! Don’t get me wrong and sound too serious. :wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]

Cheer up, man ! Don’t get me wrong and sound too serious. :wink: [/B]

Hey BoSkin, don’t get me wrong, I always read your contributions with interest. My concern is that, DrQ, after 4 replies, was still no closer to getting a straight answer to the possibility of upgrading his burner.

There is no straight answer

Originally posted by Jovo

Hey BoSkin, don’t get me wrong, I always read your contributions with interest. My concern is that, DrQ, after 4 replies, was still no closer to getting a straight answer to the possibility of upgrading his burner.

Right. But what can “we” do about it since he’s left “us” empty-handed ?
Can you guess which one he meant ? :confused:

:wink:

I think it’s a matter of posting etiquette. Specifically, it should be the person’s responsibility that posts, to provide as much relevant information regarding his query as possible. Using the search function obviously comes first, however. The moderators, administrators, etc., put quite a lot of effort in building those FAQs, and guides. It’s not their responsibility to be mind readers, as well. No offense intended to anyone.

DrQ, see the stickies at the top of the Lite-on Forum, like The Big Lite-On FAQ and overclocking thread.:wink: