Upgrade

vbimport

I upgraded Nero 8 and I haven’t been able to use recode since. It acts like it is recoding but the file is way to short.

I assume when you say “upgraded”, you went from version7 to 8.
If that is the case, did you use Nero Tools to uninstall old version of Nero before installing new one?
If it is the same situation like 7 was, than it took about five updates to be able to update without complete uninstall of previous update.

koolaid wrote: “I upgraded Nero 8 and I haven’t been able to use recode since. It acts like it is recoding but the file is way to short.”

I am having the same problem. I upgraded from 8.2.8.0 to 8.3.2.1 and Recode does what koolaid describes (always produces a .NRG file of 156 bytes). I tried downgrading (used the general clean tool) back to 8.2.8.0 but it continued to malfunction, have since re-upgraded to 8.3.2.1b (again, after uninstalling and running the general clean tool), and am still having the problem. I’ve found a workaround whereby I recode the DVD to a harddisk folder, IE create the DVD movie file structure, then I use Burning ROM or Express to burn that to a blank DVD. Anyone have any ideas?

That is exactly what it is doing on my end also. Upgraded to the same exact version. I haven’t tried anything else.

[QUOTE=gregzbobo;2078670]I am having the same problem. I upgraded from 8.2.8.0 to 8.3.2.1 and Recode does what koolaid describes (always produces a .NRG file of 156 bytes). I tried downgrading (used the general clean tool) back to 8.2.8.0 but it continued to malfunction, have since re-upgraded to 8.3.2.1b (again, after uninstalling and running the general clean tool), and am still having the problem. I’ve found a workaround whereby I recode the DVD to a harddisk folder, IE create the DVD movie file structure, then I use Burning ROM or Express to burn that to a blank DVD. Anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I guess version 8 is a repetition of 7. It took five updates to get it working.
But than the Clean Tool was doing the job of cleaning so you could install previous versions without a problem…