Upgrade Windows 8 RC /RP to Windows 8 Pro / Windows 8 Enterprise RTM

vbimport

Thanks for the info, DoMiN8ToR. I’m hoping this will work with the CP version.

I can see the MinClient number in cversion.ini on my USB install stick, so I think I know what needs to be changed. This post will, hopefully, allow me to confirm by viewing the attachment.

[QUOTE=eric34;2651027]Registering for Attachment[/QUOTE]

There are other places for quickly adding posts. This is not one. Welcome to the forum.

Nice of you to welcome him Kenshin, but he’ll have to start over with some meaningful posts if he comes back in to view attachments.

This FAQ sounds confusing.

I used a Family Pack, which supplied one product key for Windows 7 upgrades to three of my PCs. Since they’re all under the same license, do I buy just one Windows 8 upgrade to migrate all three machines, or do I have to buy three new upgrades? The second.

“Each PC you have installed Windows 7 on via the Windows 7 Family Pack can be upgraded one at a time … for $39.99 [each],” said Microsoft spokesman Brandon LeBlanc in a reply to one of the hundreds of comments posted on the blog that announced the deal this week.

If I am upgrading from RTM to Enterprise when does the screen saying update appear. As of now When I press set up ,the screen says just ‘Install W8’ and after that install updates.

Great for this post but, after update to RTM it’ll be expires after 90 days? And it need activation.

Ughs!, i was a mistake, i thought is upgrading to RTM, but the post is about upgrading to Pro/enterprise release.

[QUOTE=keriosp;2651068]Great for this post but, after update to RTM it’ll be expires after 90 days? And it need activation[/QUOTE]

Hi keriosp

Welcome to the forum :flower:

I believe its called upgrade not update, and activation is normal when one upgrades to another version of a operating system.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2651069]Hi keriosp

I believe its called upgrade not update, and activation is normal when one upgrades to another version of a operating system.

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks for that but when I upgraded from cp to rp as far as I remember the first screen had the option to upgrade rather than install and being anxious not to loose files/ programs etc I wanted to know at what stage the option to upgrade appeared as having gone through two screens already without seeing it I’m getting anxious.

Ok, thanks for the reply SJ,
Regards

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2651069]Hi keriosp

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi, well it’s 4th screen, just after you run setup.exe, you’ve an option to choice [B]upgrade[/B] or [B]new install[/B]
Hope this help you!
(In my case i’ve upgrade from RP to RTM)

[QUOTE=mjleprix;2651089]Thanks for that but when I upgraded from cp to rp as far as I remember the first screen had the option to upgrade rather than install and being anxious not to loose files/ programs etc I wanted to know at what stage the option to upgrade appeared as having gone through two screens already without seeing it I’m getting anxious.[/QUOTE]

Would that be the screen after it has checked for updates, which came after the install screen.
Your help is much appreciated by the way

Hi, there is another screen before, agreement screen, but for me i can’t upgrade. Just after i choice upgrade, it show a message…" …can’t upgrade from release preview to rtm version…" Only do a new install,
Regards

[QUOTE=mjleprix;2651122]Would that be the screen after it has checked for updates, which came after the install screen.
Your help is much appreciated by the way[/QUOTE]

great!!! thanks for the information

Thanks for the info. Just wish I didn’t have to post twice before I could see your attachment.

Its too bad that you have to even download the entire ISO. How great would it be to enter your new key and apply a service pack. Not that much is different in the consumer preview.

Thanks

Does this work for everyone?

Thank you

Hello, Can I use this method to upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8 Enterprise? Also I would like to know if I should make the change of value in the Pro version or the Enterprise version? Thanks for your time , great post!