Upgrade to XP-problems

vbimport

I decide to format the disk from my portable toshiba satelitte with windows ME. I’ve used the XP instalattion disk to format and install XP. everything looks ok except the dvd player. When the dvd starts with autoplay the image is very green and the subtitles are really green. Using a dvd player different from the windvd the image is ok bur the subtitles continue green.
What is wrong???
And my graphics card is a nvidia and before it have the dualview settings and now they disapeared. Now i can´t connect to a tv set!! I don’t understand if is a driver problem or other thing.

I really would apreciate your help!!

Quim

:sad:

Have you downloaded the latest nvidia video drivers?

Yes. I downloaded the drivers and run the setup but i didn’t notice any difference…

Tried MS drivers?
Can be done via Windows Update.

Green eh ? Perhaps the dvd video codecs are malfunctioning. Try reinstalling your favourite dvd playback software.

I’d recommend removing every trace of dvd playback software , go back to the normal vga driver , reinstall nvidia drivers (just get the basic ones) and reinstall the dvd playback software.

I´ll try those things… and about the dualview settings?? or other way to connect to a tv by the s-video??

thanks for the help

and how do i return to the vga drivers?? simply by removing the others?

Originally posted by quino

Yes sir! :slight_smile:

Originally posted by quino

Plus you will want to use something like Driver Cleaner to clean up the remnants left behind from when you uninstalled the driver.