Upgrade to HD - How to work with MTS files (Conceptronic GZ-HD 30)

[qanda]This thread is about the JVC GZ-HD 30. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]:sad::sad:

Looks like I have made a huge mistake. Upgraded from DV to High Def today after purchasing a JVC camcorder.

Now I know I should have researched the product however the salesman did say I could drag the files from the camera to the computer.

Needless to say that now none of my video editing software works with the files. They have the extension of MTS.

Basic questions;
Where to from here? Do I have to purchase more software? Is there an easy way to convert the files?

Any advice will be appreciated I am in a state of despair.

Cheers

[qanda]This thread is about the JVC GZ-HD 30. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Good Morning (Aussie time)

I have recently purchased a HD video camcorder.

The file types are of extension .MTS which are not recognized by my existing software Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0.

Now I am having a panic attack because I can’t do anything with the footage.

What I want to know is.

Firstly is my problem software related?

If it is what is the best software to use?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

You need to either demux/convert the files from MTS to MPEG2, or you need a software which can import and edit MTS files (Pinnacle Studio 11/12, Videostudio 11, Adobe Premiere, etc…)…

Eaglebrad - You posted the exact same question in the newbie forum. Duplicate posts are not allowed here. It makes it difficult for folks to know if your problem has been resolved or not.

Your post in the newbie forum will be merged with this post.