Upgrade the LTR-32125W drive

vbimport

Hi,

Within a few day's the mail will deliver me a LTR-32125W drive. :slight_smile:
Ofcourse I wanna "overclock" the drive to the LTR-48125W. :cool:

After reading some manuals how to do this, I have still some questions left:

• Is it possible to flash the LTR-48125W directly, or is it needed to flash the LTR-40125W first ?
  • What is the difference between the 2 firmware versions, VS01.bin and VS01.bin ?

Thanks already
Cutebrit.

having read other threads… u’ll see that people have gone straight from 32125W to 48125W. I’d try that first anyway - i dont see why u would have to go to 40X first, afterall the chipsets are the same, firmware simply decides what speed to write at.

What is the difference between the 2 firmware versions, VS01.bin and VS01.bin ?

U mean vs01 and vs02??? vs02 is a newer firmware and supports more media i think - just look at all the posts about it in this forum and u’ll find out. I think vs02’s better is the opinion most people have.

Cheers

Originally posted by Sergy
[B]having read other threads… u’ll see that people have gone straight from 32125W to 48125W. I’d try that first anyway - i dont see why u would have to go to 40X first, afterall the chipsets are the same, firmware simply decides what speed to write at.

What is the difference between the 2 firmware versions, VS01.bin and VS01.bin ?

U mean vs01 and vs02??? vs02 is a newer firmware and supports more media i think - just look at all the posts about it in this forum and u’ll find out. I think vs02’s better is the opinion most people have.

Cheers [/B]

i’ve just flashed my 32125W drive, and see the results:

1 error on the whole disk !
Maybe good media (32x Platinum), but maybe just a really good drive :stuck_out_tongue: :cool:

To compare, my old Acer 12x8x32 maked almost 500 errors ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m really happy with this drive, and I’m gonna recommend it to everyone who’s searching for a new Cd burner :smiley:

so do u just download the 48x firmware from Liteon and flash it to 32x drive?

Originally posted by lkoky
so do u just download the 48x firmware from Liteon and flash it to 32x drive?

Yup, I did :cool:

But be aware of the type drive you use, this is only possible for the 32125W drive :slight_smile:

hehe…
that’s the drive I have.

BTW, I downloaded the 48x firmware from OC_freaks web raather than from Liteon site, because I didnt find one there.

another success story.

LTR-32125W -> LTR-48125W

Tried burnt a 700mb divx file to a Ritek 32x CD-R, got a total of 261 errors in the end, but still play alright.

Originally posted by lkoky
[B]another success story.

LTR-32125W -> LTR-48125W

Tried burnt a 700mb divx file to a Ritek 32x CD-R, got a total of 261 errors in the end, but still play alright. [/B]

261 errors ?!

strage…I have only 1 on a 700MB divx-cd…

but maybe it’s the media though :wink:

Originally posted by Cutebrit
…After reading some manuals how to do this…

Hi mate - about to conduct the same process. What manuals did you read, and could you provide some links to them pls? :slight_smile:

Tar!

check oc_freak sticky post in this forum

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45977