Upgrade Question / Advice

vbimport

Not really a technical question but a product question I hope someone can help with.

I am a long time registered user of DVDFab Copy with the mobile option. I finally got a Blu-Ray DVD writer and I would like to back up some of my movies and maybe put them on my Blackberry.

The question is what would be the best option for me to back these up? Should I use the free HD Decrypter or upgrade to the Blu-Ray Copy?

One more question, is there a discount for registered users who purchase Blu-Ray Copy or the other options?

Thanks. Any advice appreciated.

[QUOTE=VideoRoy;2550987]Not really a technical question but a product question I hope someone can help with.

I am a long time registered user of DVDFab Copy with the mobile option. I finally got a Blu-Ray DVD writer and I would like to back up some of my movies and maybe put them on my Blackberry.

The question is what would be the best option for me to back these up? Should I use the free HD Decrypter or upgrade to the Blu-Ray Copy?

One more question, is there a discount for registered users who purchase Blu-Ray Copy or the other options?

Thanks. Any advice appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hi VideoRoy

Well first there is no special discount for already being a registered user only the standard discount during the purchase e.g. discount code.

If you don’t plan on compressing then go with the free version but without compression thats a lot of data to just put on the blackberry :eek:

[B]SJ[/B]

Thanks StormJumper. Honestly I have no problem paying for quality software like DVDFab products. I just do not really have many Blu-Ray discs so just really playing some ideas here.

[QUOTE=VideoRoy;2550990]Thanks StormJumper. Honestly I have no problem paying for quality software like DVDFab products. I just do not really have many Blu-Ray discs so just really playing some ideas here.[/QUOTE]

Well if thats the case then may I suggest you use the 30 day trial period on the Blu-ray copy which does compress and just backup what Blu-ray discs you do have within that time frame :bigsmile:

[B]SJ[/B]

Ok, I have tried the Blu-ray copy option on a couple of discs and it works pretty good so far. Still converting the copying discs but I think I will purchase the option.

One thing I noticed is there is a subscription time on the license key. Like I said I have been a DVDfab user for a long time and I have the “never expire” keys on the base product but never really knew what that meant.

So if I purchase a 2 year license does that mean it stops working in 2 years or do I not get technical support or it will work for only the 8.x product?

Any here is appreciate as I really did not understand this on the website.

Never mind, I found the information finally on the website. Looks like I will go for the lifetime choice since I really dislike apps that loose support after a time.

[QUOTE=VideoRoy;2552019]Ok, I have tried the Blu-ray copy option on a couple of discs and it works pretty good so far. Still converting the copying discs but I think I will purchase the option.

One thing I noticed is there is a subscription time on the license key. Like I said I have been a DVDfab user for a long time and I have the “never expire” keys on the base product but never really knew what that meant.

So if I purchase a 2 year license does that mean it stops working in 2 years or do I not get technical support or it will work for only the 8.x product?

Any here is appreciate as I really did not understand this on the website.[/QUOTE]

If you purchase a 2 year license then after the 2 years is up and you do not renew the product/license it will continue to function, however you will no longer be able to update the that option.

Note…If that is what you are planning then I suggest that you save the installer just before it expires that way if for any reason you need to re-install you will have the installer that pertains within the time frame of your license.

But try to anticipate on whether you may want to renew because if you do then a lifetime license will be a cheaper route :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]