Upgrade Nero 6

I had a pc crash and I formerly had Nero 6.6.60.18 installed. Once I had the pc back from repair I reinstalled 6.6.0.18 from a download with my serial number. I only have the barebones Nero 6 from that install so I ordered an upgrade disc to get the Ultra/Reloaded features that I lost (Nerovision, etc.) but the disc has version 6.6.1.15a on it. Two questions:

1. Is 6.6.1.15a a stable version compared to 6.6.0.18? I burn a lot of cds and dvd’s (both audio cd’s and also dvd’s from Nerovision using files from my camcorder) and I need to make sure I won’t have playback problems if I install 6.6.1.15a. I tried Nero 7 and had all kinds of playback problems with my burned discs so I uninstalled it and went back to 6.6.0.18.

2. Is there a way to keep 6.6.0.18 and get the Ultra/Reloaded programs from the disc without changing my basic Nero version?

Thanks for your help!

It’s been some time since I used either version but I don’t recall any stability problems with v. 6.6.1.15a.

In any case, if you install that version, once you’ve done so, you shouldn’t have any difficulty in reinstalling v. 6.6.0.18 over it if you really must.

Yo-

As I remember it - 6.6.1.15a was the last and best in the Nero 6 line of burning software.

When you upgrade to Windows 7 and find out that NO version of Nero 6 will even be allowed to install (as I did) try Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 - best of all it is free - and it is as close to Nero 6 as any burning software that I have found - yet easier to use-eh!

You can download it from Ashampoo here: https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/dld/0710/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-6/