Upgrade cpu slimline s5503w

vbimport

I bought this for a$100 thought it was a good deal till I used it think I need to up grade processor any ideas im new to this

What processor is in it now?

AMD Sempron

Operating speed: Up to 2.7 GHz

Number of cores: 1

Socket: AM3

Bus speed: 4000 MT/s

Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades: NOTE: Only socket AM2+ processors are supported with this motherboard.

AMD Phenom II Quad-Core

AMD Phenom II Triple-Core

AMD Phenom Quad-Core (A) 9xxx series (AM2+)

AMD Phenom Triple-Core (T) 8xxx series (AM2+)

AMD Athlon X4

AMD Athlon X3

AMD Athlon X2 (B) (AM2+)

But it said that the processor a am3 socket and this tells me that mother board support only am2+ im confused? ???

ASUS P8H61-M LE CSM Corsair Barebones Kit - ASUS P8H61-M LE CSM REV3 Board, Intel Core i3-2100 CPU, Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 RAM, Patriot 64GB SSD, 24x DVDRW, DiabloTek Mid Tower, 450W Power Supply.

Can you tell me if this is a good buy?

Generally speaking with AMD processors if the CPU matches the socket it will function in the MoBo.

The one caveat is that ultra compact motherboards have power limits and some high performance dual core and generally most quad core CPU’s CAN exceed these power limits.

When that happens all the “magic smoke” that makes them work leaks out and they stop working.

Mentioning this isn’t coincidence… I got to see all the magic smoke leak out of an intel E2200 CPU today… bad voltage regulator in the PS or on the MoBo.

Not sure which as all three are as dead as any roman emperor you’d care to name.

I reached for my CO2 fire extinguisher but didn’t actually use it.

AD

Wondering if AMD HDX830WFK4DGM Phenom II X4 830 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 2MB L2 Cache, 2.80GHz, Socket AM3, 95W will work with my mobo

Motherboard

M2N68-LA (Narra5)

[QUOTE=CouchJonathan;2626255]Wondering if AMD HDX830WFK4DGM Phenom II X4 830 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 2MB L2 Cache, 2.80GHz, Socket AM3, 95W will work with my mobo[/QUOTE]

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=de&docname=c00906129#N92

according to HP, no, the fact that it does not say the board supports quads would deter me

Have you opened up the case and taken a look to see the actual MB, or are you just going with the information on the Web Sites? You have to open up that case and write down some numbers. :cool: