Updating

helloo dear friends,

I m going to update my computer my current system is

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.080814-1300)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
System Model: P4M90-M4
BIOS: Ver:1.0
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Graphics Card:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8500 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Pixel Shader: 4.0

Now the things i need to update is my motherboard and the processor i want a dual core processor a good one and a motherboard which will support dualcore processor and all this things i have can you suggest any processors and motherboards and their price’s thanksyou
S

First off does your current system meet your needs? Are you looking for gaming or just web or multimedia? Also what country are you looked at since this is a international forum without knowing where your form will be hard to give options on. Also how much do you expect to spend and what if are you going to add new hardware or keep current hardware? Duo core I think only Intel makes them right now. But until we know what country you from then other users can give you the right information to look for?

Well i live in Qatar.Middle east

And i want to keep my current hardwares like the ram it is ddr2 and the video card also becuase i just bought it yesterday :smiley: and i m looking for gamming and i can spend 500$ if thats enough or more also if needed