Updating Firmware for 52-24-52

I have owned many Plextor drives and have updated the Firmware each time a new one came out. I would do the same for this LiteOn drive, but after reading that I cannot flash back to an old firmware version I’m kind of unsure of doing it. Can anyone post any success stories as to whether the new firmware (6S07 or 6S08) changes anything from 6S02, as far as burning ability for backing up games or burning speeds?

I don’t want the drive to be incapable of doing what it has been able to do.

Originally posted by cgcmgr
but after reading that I cannot flash back to an old firmware version I’m kind of unsure of doing it.

Please post where exactly you read that. Flashing back is very easy.

It’s a scrolling marquee on the Lite On website in the download firmware area.

Obviously, Lite On does not publically support MTKFlash. :cop:

http://www.liteonit.com/english/e-down-f.asp

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]

Please post where exactly you read that. [/B]

It’s at LiteOn’s firmware pages…maybe you should invite them here…it’s time for them to gain some knowledge about their drives LOL:bigsmile:

as said above…I read it on the LiteOn web page…scrolling

Lol, well, I guess it is true. Their utilities have measures to try to prevent you from downgrading, but they are easily bypassed. MTKflash will let you flash your drive even when it is dead though so you really have nothing to fear :smiley:

Thanks, I don’t know why I’m skeptical about updating the firmware. anyway, can I find MTKFlash on this forum if I search? or do I have to get it elsewhere?

yes you can. :wink:

thanks for your help guys

just want clarification am I incorrect in thinking that once you have applied Flashfix.exe to a lite-on firmware you will then be able to use it to return to that firmware … for instance you fixed 07 and are currently using 08 so you run the fixed 07 and boom you are back to 07 on the drive ??

for instance you fixed 07 and are currently using 08 so you run the fixed 07 and boom you are back to 07 on the drive ??

No, this is what the LiteOn site is referring to. the official LiteOn flasher will not let you go backwards.
You can either get a hacked Liteon flasher or use MTKFlash to go backwards.

yeah I understand what the site is talking about what I was askingabout was a lite-on firmware that has been “fixed”