Updating 40125W with the new Zs0J upgrade

vbimport

I restored my 40125W back to WS03 after upgrading to 48x. Just had too many coasters. However I would like to upgrade using Zs0J. Can I do that with MTKFLASH?:confused:

Your question was answered in another thread…

momoney -

Sure you will have to use MTKFlash and ZS0J.bin but I have done it with no problems. In fact I recommend it! :cool:

Tell me how it goes KenL, i would like to know whether i should ‘downgrade’ back to 40x with this firmware. Thanks

I can’t find the *.bin version of ZS0J and I can figure out how to convert ZSOJ.EXE to ZS0J.BIN.:a

KenL…why did you get coasters…media would not write at 48x???

Yes, I was not surprised by CMC but then it happened with Mitsui and Taiyo Yuden.

what speed was the TY rated?? I hear the 24x just can not burn at 48x…Mitsui…I have no experience with these…

I am sad my cdrs are Fuji…made by TY rated at 24x …simply the best cdrs around (at least up to 24x)…never a coaster

Anyway…I got a bunch of 40x cdr from Phillips made in Taiwan I bet they are cmc or ritek :frowning: …but needed something about $10 buck so I could use a 30 off 150 coupon at staples…at least in the stores right now where I live…I either pay 50 cents per disc for 32x rated sony’s or go cheap in order to use the disc at HS with the Cendyne drive I ordered which should be a 40125S…

I just want some security in knowing that o/c will not lead to caosters unless it is media related… I can live with slowing the burns for media…but not if the hardware is the problem

The Taiyo Yuden were 24x’s but wrote at 40x with no problem. The Mitsu were 32x rated and the CMC were 40x rated.

I just sent away for 100 Taiyo Yuden that are 40x rated. I hope they can burn at 48x so I can reflash back to Vs02.

I think the 48x Liteon needs another firmware upgrade to be ready for prime time. I finally flashed my 40125W to ZS0J.BIN firmware. It seems to be okay even with the CMC disks. I haven’t tested it fully yet. I did a lot of flashing today. I think I will give it a rest.:bigsmile:

whew…I did not know TY are now at 40x…can not wait for Fuji to come out with these

Thanks

I ordered them yesterday from CD Dimension. I am hoping that 48x’s come out soon.:cool:

Originally posted by KenL
I ordered them yesterday from CD Dimension. I am hoping that 48x’s come out soon.:cool:

i posted in your other thread please read it mate
becuse i have a 40125w liteon :slight_smile:

need advise tnx…

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I sent it.:bigsmile:

I sent it.:bigsmile:

tnx mate :DDDDDDDDD

last question how do i turn off dma :confused:

and is it imperative i turn it off ?

i sent you a email i dunno if you will get it back it was explaining the above :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I sent you an e-mail. But it said the following:

It may not be imperative to turn off DMA but I wouldn’t risk it because I don’t know the effect of not doing it. I only know it is a caution that I have received and which I follow. Assuming you have Windows 95, 98 , Me and I think 2000, you have to go into systems either by clicking on it in Control Panel where there is an Icon for it or find My Computer on your Desktop and right clicking it and select properties. A Systems Properties window opens up and you select Device Manager. Go down to CD-Rom and find yours. It may be necessary to hit the + by CD-Rom to see your device. Then highlight it and go down and click Properties. Then you will get a new window and you will see 3 tabs across the top. Select setting and you will find a DMA option. Take the check out of it. Make sure you put it back when you are done flashing as it adds a good deal of speed to you burner.

And that is all there is . Yes out of everything (or whatever it takes). Now reboot. Best of luck.:cool:

[B]I sent you an e-mail. But it said the following:

It may not be imperative to turn off DMA but I wouldn’t risk it because I don’t know the effect of not doing it. I only know it is a caution that I have received and which I follow. Assuming you have Windows 95, 98 , Me and I think 2000, you have to go into systems either by clicking on it in Control Panel where there is an Icon for it or find My Computer on your Desktop and right clicking it and select properties. A Systems Properties window opens up and you select Device Manager. Go down to CD-Rom and find yours. It may be necessary to hit the + by CD-Rom to see your device. Then highlight it and go down and click Properties. Then you will get a new window and you will see 3 tabs across the top. Select setting and you will find a DMA option. Take the check out of it. Make sure you put it back when you are done flashing as it adds a good deal of speed to you burner.

And that is all there is . Yes out of everything (or whatever it takes). Now reboot. Best of luck.:cool: [/B]

i sent you a email mate im running windows xp and i dont have tha option !! :confused:
i posed on the main thread asking for help on the subject if you can help and have been useing winxp then go post so i can flash to new firmware for the 40125s :))))))))))))))))

[B]I sent you an e-mail. But it said the following:

And that is all there is . Yes out of everything (or whatever it takes). Now reboot. Best of luck.:cool: [/B]

egnore the above post :smiley:

i did it and it flashed lol

i was pannaking :slight_smile:

it went through some sorta starwars epic lol

bank0 ok
bank1 ok
bank2 ok
bank3 ok
bank4 ok
bank5 ok
bank6 ok

complete

please reboot your computer :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

i upgraded from a 40125W to a 40125S :slight_smile:
useing mtkflash

im well impressed ;p

i have a question though !!!
becuse i upgraded is my drive identical to the 40125S NOW ?
becuse is it possible for me to upgrade to the highest firmware for the 40125S with the exe files you get from liteon site ?

tnx …:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yes, your firmware is that of the “s” drive and you now have an 4012S5 with firmare Zs0J. The ZS0J is the latest firmware for the 40x. I just upgraded to the Vs02 firmware that lets me write at 48x. You can do that if you want. It is not so great on media but it is blazing fast. I had upgraded to it before but got disgusted. Now I see it is supported by a bunch of software so I tried it again. Medal of Honor Allied Assault a new SD2 game burned in 2 minutes 27 seconds.

Glad your upgrade went well and yes, it is supposed to go through those banks.

Go luck.

Ken

[B]Yes, your firmware is that of the “s” drive and you now have an 4012S5 with firmare Zs0J. The ZS0J is the latest firmware for the 40x. I just upgraded to the Vs02 firmware that lets me write at 48x. You can do that if you want. It is not so great on media but it is blazing fast. I had upgraded to it before but got disgusted. Now I see it is supported by a bunch of software so I tried it again. Medal of Honor Allied Assault a new SD2 game burned in 2 minutes 27 seconds.

Glad your upgrade went well and yes, it is supposed to go through those banks.

Go luck.

Ken [/B]

i also posted here lol but egnore it hehe :slight_smile:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47612

==============================================

==============================================

Ok yeah mate tnx for helping as stated in the other post

burner seems at top notch now hehe :smiley:

i dont thtink i will upgrade just yet to a 481248

somply becuse there isnt that much media out yet that supports those speeds unless you use uncertifiable cdr media :stuck_out_tongue:

the highest i can bur at without getting errors is 32x somply becuse the only media i have are those left over that i used with my 12x liteon befour it died and i got this MONSTER drive :smiley:
so all in all im gonna wate a little longer :slight_smile:

if you have icq icq me so i can add ya to my list meby chat sometimes on liteon`s and stuff my number is 77874616

and tnx again mate…
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just a note:

Why disable DMA in windows when you are using mtkflash in dos?

having DMA disabled or enabled, who cares when you flash in DOS using mtkflash?

Hi,
I have error that says unable to verify the DRAM and BIN image during compare after about 30 minutes (the flashing seems to take a darn long time) of flashing to the ZS0J firmware. I was using my 40125W with ZS0G (for 40125S) firmware and VS02 (for 48125W) firmware fine with my drive. Does anyone have a ZS0J.bin so that I do not have to use Liteon’s windows utility to do the flashing? Thanks

@joejoe

What you’re searching is available here, the other thread started by KenL :
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47593

Ask him about it

KenL :
Then I made a Zs0J.bin as a just in case bin file

:slight_smile: