Updates to DVD 5 Plantinum

SO, okay, I purchased the DVDFAB Platinum back on 23rd of February, I have a new computer which I even went to the trouble of of purchasing the disc. for back up. So who would tell me I would need it. As I installed it to my new computer low an behold I did not save the updates on the extra hard drive. What can I do? Is there no way for me to update. I am not interested in DVDFAb 6, since I spent on the 5. What can I do?

Any help I would appreciate.

Also, I have been having problems with it, I get a window from Windows that states" DVDFab- The ultimate DVD copying/converting/burning software!has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Wildows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

But the weird part is that if I restart my computer it is fine again, what am I doing wrong? Thank you

As far as I know, DVDFab 5 will not be updated. Ver. 5250 I believe was the last update. If you purchased Fab on the 23rd, your intitled to the free updrade to Fab 6. Just get your new keys and that might clear up the problem. Just download the newest version, 6010 and send for your new keys and you’ll be set. ~ Mike

[QUOTE=agucci21;2287397]SO, okay, I purchased the DVDFAB Platinum back on 23rd of February, I have a new computer which I even went to the trouble of of purchasing the disc. for back up. So who would tell me I would need it. As I installed it to my new computer low an behold I did not save the updates on the extra hard drive. What can I do? Is there no way for me to update. I am not interested in DVDFAb 6, since I spent on the 5. What can I do?

Any help I would appreciate.

Also, I have been having problems with it, I get a window from Windows that states" DVDFab- The ultimate DVD copying/converting/burning software!has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Wildows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

But the weird part is that if I restart my computer it is fine again, what am I doing wrong? Thank you[/QUOTE]

DVDFab v5.X.X.X will continue to be updated. It just won’t be referred to as V5 anymore. All future updates will be called V6.X.X.X. With the change in the way the options are being offered, you will require a new key for V6. This can be obtained, free of charge for the duration of your current V5 key, from dvdfab.com\retrieveregkey\htm. To make sure all your originally purchased options are included, please be sure you request the all-in-one key for V6.

Re your other problem, please go to ‘Common Settings’>Preview, and make sure, in the decoder section, that DirectShow is selected, and not Internal.

Please advise if you continue to have problems.

OC

:slight_smile:

I clicked on the link provided but received the following:

Page Not Found

The page you tried was not found. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Or you may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Open the dvdfab.com home page or use the navigation at the top of the page to find your way through the site.
Click the Back button to try another link.

If you came here from a dvdfab.com page and would like to report an error, you may contact us. Please include the URL of the page you came from as well as the link you tried to access.

Take me to the home page

Just use this link and make sure you use the dropdown box to select what you need.
http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm

Many Thanks for the, as usual, very prompt response. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=The_Dark_Side;2287625]Many Thanks for the, as usual, very prompt response. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
You are very welcome.:wink:

Thank you everyone for your suggestion, I have never seen so many quick rresponse. I will try them and then let you know if it worked.

To clarify, there will [B]not[/B] be any further updates for DVDFab v5. If you want the latest updates, install v6 and get the free new key as the others suggested.

[QUOTE=OCanada;2287415]DVDFab v5.X.X.X will continue to be updated. It just won’t be referred to as V5 anymore. All future updates will be called V6.X.X.X. With the change in the way the options are being offered, you will require a new key for V6. This can be obtained, free of charge for the duration of your current V5 key, from dvdfab.com\retrieveregkey\htm. To make sure all your originally purchased options are included, please be sure you request the all-in-one key for V6.

Re your other problem, please go to ‘Common Settings’>Preview, and make sure, in the decoder section, that DirectShow is selected, and not Internal.

Please advise if you continue to have problems.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

OC,
two things:
First, I submitted for the V6 key and go a thing that said since I was I loyal customer that I can “purchase” V6 for at a discount. Not what it says that I can get a free key.

Second, I am still having problem even after I followed your instruction about checking my common setting.

What can I do now?
Thank you for you time.

[QUOTE=agucci21;2288103]OC,
two things:
First, I submitted for the V6 key and go a thing that said since I was I loyal customer that I can “purchase” V6 for at a discount. Not what it says that I can get a free key.

Second, I am still having problem even after I followed your instruction about checking my common setting.

What can I do now?
Thank you for you time.[/QUOTE]

The ver. 5 key that you have…if it is still valid, then go to the ‘Buy’ section of DVDFab.com, then look down to the renew section. The first thing you have to enter is your email address, unless it is different from the one you bought your v5 key with.

If it is different, go to the ‘Contact’ section, and in the drop-down menu, select Change email address, and proceed from there.

If your email address is the same, the first screen in renew asks for your email add., the next screen should ask for your order no. (if you can’t remember or find the paper record, this no. appears on your ‘About’ screen right beside your name) and enter that. It’s been awhile since I was there… there may be one or two more options re ‘New’ v6 keys and/or All-In-One keys (for people with more than just the Platinum option, such as DVD to Mobile) - fill those in as appropriate to your situation, and when completed, your v6 key will be sent to your email address almost immediately (at no further cost to you).

Re the other problem… I assume you changed the decoder to DirectShow, and are still having a problem. What O/S are you running? Vista requires one or two extra steps…such as right-clicking the icon, and setting the Run-As-Administrator option for Fab.

Please let us know.

OC

:slight_smile: