Updated: Sony plans to ban sales of 2nd hand PS3 games

vbimport

I just posted the article Updated: Sony plans to ban sales of 2nd hand PS3 games.

It looks like the days of buying second hand games  will become a thing of the past for the PlayStation 3 if Sony has its way.   According to Games Radar, high street shops have been...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11893-Updated-Sony-plans-to-ban-sales-of-2nd-hand-PS3-games.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11893-Updated-Sony-plans-to-ban-sales-of-2nd-hand-PS3-games.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

its the new dark age boys and girls :frowning:

This may be unenforceable! Consumer rights are well protected in the EU and I don’t think the courts will back Sony if it is correctly challenged. This may amount to an unfair contract! As for the rest of the world?

F*** $ony <font size=1>Swear word removed
[edited by Seán on 25.05.2006 13:58]

you know what? I was planning to buy a ps3 and now all I can say is that Sony can really go f**k themselves. I hope to God they loose the format war. Well!!! they just lost a customer. Sony I hope you die!!! what the hell is wrong with them? do they really want to be universally hated?
[edited by swifty7 on 25.05.2006 12:08]

They really are losign all that money on the consoles? Maybe microsoft should buy up all available stock and crush it!

Pure scum!. Who the f*ck do these a**holes think they are. And i dont like the sound of this ‘locking’ thing. it sounds like XCP v2.

(Guardian link) it seems Jennie Kong, UK PR Manager at SCEE told the Guardian that “this is false speculation and that PlayStation 3 software will not be copy protected to a single machine but will be playable on any PlayStation 3 console.” [Link edited to correct page layout]
[edited by Seán on 25.05.2006 13:57]

They just keep making my decision easier to go get my new 360 now. I have been holding off to see which console will be better. Everytime I read things like this I feel like cursing the new technology.

wow all this bs and they have not even released the darn thing yet they really are showing how desperate they really are :d

Oh boys, you are entitled to play the game but not own the expeience, it’s belong to some high corp; feel the shaftings. :wink:

…they will be paying only for the right to play the game, but will not be entitled to sell it on as it will remain property of Sony.
You can be damn sure Sony that i’m paying for the game and not the right to play it and i would do whatever i want with it :frowning: When i’m sick of it i will sell it :B Sony ARSholes :r … :r

Wouldn’t want to try that stunt in Australia. Already had their arses kicked good and hard by the High Court when it was ruled perfectly legal for modchips to be installed.:S

:frowning: If this is true then… $#^@%#^@%#^@%^# I will never buy a PS3 if this is true.

I’ll say this… It takes real stones to point a rocket launcher on your foot with the safety off. Hope you’re not too shocked by the bill for all the red ink, Sony. Gamers aren’t the simpleton sheep you think they are.

“…they will be paying only for the right to play the game, but will not be entitled to sell it on as it will remain property of Sony.” Well at least in Europe I can until now still sell whatever I bought. And if it is a right to play something, I can still sell this right to somebody else. And if cannot sell it again, well: then I won’t even buy it and sony lost itself a potential customer. There is something they seem to forget (not only Sony, but all the entertainment industry): if we stop buying their products because they try to impose upon us whatever they want , they will simply go bankrupt. It’s not not like they are selling bread and water. We don’t need games, music or movies to survieve. But they need cusomers to survive. And I would advise them to recollect that memory quickly…:wink:

Sony has lost almost 16 customers already as I am telling my friends to stay away from Sony from now on.:frowning: I have also asked them to pass it on and to keep spreading the word until the whole city of Louisville knows that they won’t own a piece of the pie.:(:(:frowning:

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Is this not the same position of music companies as well? You ‘have’ to pay what they want but can never own but can you resell your music cd’s?

I call bullsh*t If this goes through, a large percentage of gamers who were holding out for PS3 will simply buy Xbox360 instead and Sony knows it. Sony is just trying to get the hype up with a lil’ controversy. If I’m wrong though, Xbox360 is startin’ to look pretty damn good huh :wink: