Update: Switch to MyCE.com on October 26th

As you have all heard and read in the previous announcement some months ago, CDFreaks will change its name to MyCE. We are now ready to announce that the switch of domains will take place on OCTOBER 26.

Note, that ALL URLs under the CDFreaks.com domain name still CONTINUE to work. You will be instantly redirected to the correct page, so nothing will change there! :flower:

Together with the switch, our internal development can be done under one domain name. Going forward, this makes our lives much easier :iagree:. Also, we currently have two code stacks, and with the switch we can change to one. This makes debugging much easier, which enables us to solve problems easier and faster. We can also better identify speed & connection problems, as all new code will be centralized. Several things have been prepared to optimize the image, javascript and CSS loading lately, and more changes can be done when everything is switched. Also, browser compatibility will be improved. On the backend side, this will be a huge advantage for us.

We’ve got some new features planned as well. The staff and residents already seen a preview of several things. They can also beta test several new parts the coming weeks, so we can eliminate as much bugs as possible. I am sure you like all the new stuff coming and we really love your feedback on that. Information will be presented much easier, as you will see! Together with all the members here, we aim to become the biggest community on consumer electronics. We are very proud to have an active community and will continue to serve you :bow:

If you have any questions feel free to post them below.

Sounds good Robin and I’m glad things are progressing well.

Thanks for the update.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Bah, I don’t like change. If I had my way I would still be living in or about 1963.:confused:

Que sera, sera.

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2445010]Bah, I don’t like change. If I had my way I would still be living in or about 1963.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Hmm… 1963.

No wordprocessors and everything had to be typed, no email, no Internet, no PCs for that matter, no pocket calculators, no photocopiers, no mobile phones,no satellite TV, no GPS… basically no anything.

Life was so much more difficult back then and I for one couldn’t face going back to that.

Without change there can be no improvement and having seen some of the improvements proposed I’m more than convinced that the revamp will be extremely worthwhile.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wombler, that is why I would like to be in 1963. Life was simple, leave you doors unlocked, windows open all day and night. A TV, Radio, tape deck and a lovely red headed girl…Life was great!!!
Sorry this is off the topic…On with the show…

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2445369] TV, Radio, tape deck and a lovely red headed girl…Life was great!!![/QUOTE]Eehhmm… Did you by any chance score 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk High? … Al?.. Al Bundy? Is that really you? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2445369]Wombler, that is why I would like to be in 1963. Life was simple, leave you doors unlocked, windows open all day and night. A TV, Radio, tape deck and a lovely red headed girl…Life was great!!![/QUOTE]

ya just like the song i believe was performed/written by Tim McGraw > Back When

I’d like to be back in 1971 as 1963 i was only 7.

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2445371]Eehhmm… Did you by any chance score 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk High? … Al?.. Al Bundy? Is that really you? :p[/QUOTE] ROTFL :bigsmile:

1963 was a most excellent year BTW - I’ll let you figure out why. :cool:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2445471]ROTFL :bigsmile:

1963 was a most excellent year BTW - I’ll let you figure out why. :cool:[/QUOTE]ermm… because of the 1963 Warre’s Vintage Porto?

Back to topic - hopefully we will go through this transitional stage without any problems… now all I will need to do is change the link to myce.com in my bookmarks toolbar instead of CDF… not an easy task I may add… :slight_smile: