Update problem

vbimport

I am trying to upgrade from Win 8 to 8.1, I am getting the dreadful “Failure configuring updates” Reverting Changes. I disconnected my external Hdd, printer, did a clean boot, ran update troubleshooter. The factory OS is Win 7. Had to restore to factory, used my own Win 7 disk, I have done the exact procedure several time in the past, without this happening. Any ideas greatly appreciated.I have posted this message before, and was told to only do a few at a time , instead of doing all the updates, I did so this time, now I am down to 9 updates from the original 176, now keep getting the Revert message?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2761323]I am trying to upgrade from Win 8 to 8.1, I am getting the dreadful “Failure configuring updates” Reverting Changes. I disconnected my external Hdd, printer, did a clean boot, ran update troubleshooter. The factory OS is Win 7. Had to restore to factory, used my own Win 7 disk, I have done the exact procedure several time in the past, without this happening. Any ideas greatly appreciated.I have posted this message before, and was told to only do a few at a time , instead of doing all the updates, I did so this time, now I am down to 9 updates from the original 176, now keep getting the Revert message?[/QUOTE]
Problem I see here is the Disk are not the Factory Restore disk but your own and unless they are the REstore disk created from the hidden partition or ordered from the Factory this will be hard to determine where the problem is. So til you use the OEM Factory Restore disk we can’t eliminate the problem is your Win 7 Disk is the cause.

Cool, Your probably right about needing a restore disk, this has happened before. Crazy thing though, I never did get all the updates installed, took a shot and Win 8.1 installed, never had that happen before